New to pool care, green pool. Help!

On your first post, you reported CC's of 1.0ppm Now they are 7ppm? How are you testing?

The foam on the pool in your first pictures is troubling as well....that's not normal for a pool that only has algae as a problem.

Was this ever a baquacil pool?

Have you added other things to your pool you have not reported?

Telling us your testing method and any info on other additives may be very helpful.

By way of reinforcement, phosphates are not relevant to your problem and doing a partial drain will not be helpful, either.

Was using test strips before, using small testkit now, so getting a more accurate reading. Not sure about the baquacil, it was chlorine when we bought the house. Everything else we have added was discussed here, bleach, a little pH down, and the stabilizer, that's all we have added. The pool foamed up every time we added the bleach in the beginning, now that the algae is gone and the water is more blue it doesn't do it anymore

Can I ask what reagents this small test kit uses to test CYA? Sorry to keep harping on this but unless you are testing CYA levels via a black dot view tube and using a 50/50 ratio of R-0013 and pool water, I'm doubting the CYA level and that is crucial in clearing the pool. Also, as many have commented that 1st photo with all the foam, sure did look like a stage in a baqua to chlorine coversion, and if it ever was a baqua pool, the filter will need to be cleaned.

I can only assume it was chlorine to begin with, the little shed where the filter and pump are had the regular yellow chlorine containers and empty chlorine tab buckets, and the pool smelled like chlorine. Using the one from Taylor 2005 with the black dot, is that not a good one?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.