Replacing my 8+ years pump for the new intelliflow

Re: New Intelliflo VS pump.

8years was a good life, but this new pump is way quieter, and set up right will save you a ton on the utility bill.
PS, better to go with the Intellichlor. Besides just being better (my opinion of course), when it comes time to replace it all of the main electronics are in the cell, so you are basically getting a new system.
With the others, you may get a new cell this week, and then need a new board next week. With the two together you could have bought a whole new unit.
Not sure what condition your filter is in, but if you do it at the same time you can get a 3year warranty on all three.

There isn't much point in replacing an existing pump that is working with a new pump. You are very unlikely to every make back the investment in the new pump. On the other hand, if your current pump is broken in some way, then you should look at your electric rates. If electricity costs less than $0.20/kwh then you are probably better off getting a two speed pump, rather than a variable speed pump.

JasonLion said:
There isn't much point in replacing an existing pump that is working with a new pump. You are very unlikely to every make back the investment in the new pump. On the other hand, if your current pump is broken in some way, then you should look at your electric rates. If electricity costs less than $0.20/kwh then you are probably better off getting a two speed pump, rather than a variable speed pump.

I've been thinking of changing to variable speed pump too... The $400 rebate and decreased noise are huge incentives to me... I just researched our rates... "Tier 3 - greater than 1,000 kWh/month
$0.1756". I'm not sure the current operating costs of my single speed pump. Noise is a big concern due to it sitting a few feet from guest bedroom window.

JasonLion said:

Thank you so much for the great info. I truly value your advice.

George

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.