Pump not working

Oct 25, 2010
Temecula, CA
As some of you know, we are moving our pool equipment. We have a Pentair Whisperflo pump. DH wired the booster pump fine and that is working (we just turned it on long enough to hear the sound) but the Pentair is not making a peep. No click, like it's trying to do anything which would lead me to believe that it's not wired correctly.

We've already replaced the switch and the circuit breaker (sorry if the terminology is poor) - wondering if we should re wire to completely remove the timer in case something is afoot there. But all wires are live and DH made video etc about how the wires should go and so he is convinced he has everything correct and is now pointing to the pump itself.

Is there any way to test this without assuming the pump is dead? I'm pointing at wiring, he's pointing at the pump - is there anything I might be missing about the pump - like a reset switch?! lol It's pretty basic- not much to go wrong.

Thanks for any help.

Anne

Is there any way to test this without assuming the pump is dead?
Yeah. You need a multimeter. Check for proper voltage at the motor terminals when it should be running. If you have power, and the motor is, in fact, wired correctly, then you'd check the motor windings for continuity with the meter on the ohms scale.

You say the wires are live. How was this checked?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.