Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Compu Pool CPSC Series - How to re-callibrate?

1. Back To Top    #1

Compu Pool CPSC Series - How to re-callibrate?

My Compu Pool CPSC unit (freshly installed) needs to be recalibrated as it's giving me an incorrect high reading for salt content. It reads 6600 when it's actually 4700 (I realize I need to bring that down but that's another issue in another post). Does anyone know how to recalibrate these units? The user owners manual does not provide those details and tech support for Compu Pool is not open at this time. I'm impatient

Thanks in advance
    TFP SUPPORTER through TFTestKits.com - My Pool: South Florida, 11K gallons, In ground, concrete / Diamond Brite, Free Form with attached spa (no heater- go figure) Built around 1998, original surface, Jacuzzi Magnum Force 1.5HP pump, Jacuzzi Cartridge Filter, Rainbow 320 Tablet Feeder, Hayward Navigator Pro, Taylor K-2006 w/ TFTestKits replacemeng Reagents.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Compu Pool CPSC Series - How to re-callibrate?

This thread talks about how to get into the technician's menu - not sure if that will help or not. Please post a solution if you find it as I have this SWG too.

compupool-cpsc24-salt-water-chlorine-generator-timer-quest-t8395.html
    25' x 13' Roman, 12000 gal IGP, Plaster, with 500 gal Spa
    SWG, 1 HP Max Flo Pump, C-900 cartridge filter
    Solar heat

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by lborne
    This thread talks about how to get into the technician's menu - not sure if that will help or not. Please post a solution if you find it as I have this SWG too.

compupool-cpsc24-salt-water-chlorine-generator-timer-quest-t8395.html
    I tried this but I was unable to figure out how to calibrate it. Perhaps I did not explore the menus thoroughly enough but I was also afraid to 'mess' with any of the settings, so I left it alone.
    TFP SUPPORTER through TFTestKits.com - My Pool: South Florida, 11K gallons, In ground, concrete / Diamond Brite, Free Form with attached spa (no heater- go figure) Built around 1998, original surface, Jacuzzi Magnum Force 1.5HP pump, Jacuzzi Cartridge Filter, Rainbow 320 Tablet Feeder, Hayward Navigator Pro, Taylor K-2006 w/ TFTestKits replacemeng Reagents.

4. Back To Top    #4

Here is an old post where someone went through the calibration procedure. I asked what it was, but they did not respond. Guess you will have to call tech support.

Also - read in a post that a Circupool SWG has a button inside used for salt calibration, but no other details were given.

new-circupool-rj45-install-low-salt-t25928.html
    25' x 13' Roman, 12000 gal IGP, Plaster, with 500 gal Spa
    SWG, 1 HP Max Flo Pump, C-900 cartridge filter
    Solar heat

5. Back To Top    #5

I just got mine up and running Tuesday evening. Salt test said 3700, Compu Pool unit said 4900. I'm curious about this as well.
    Eric

IG 17x33 Grecian - Vinyl Liner (21k gallons), Hayward Pro-Grid DE 4820 filter, Hayward Super Pump, CompuPool SWG CPSC36, TF-100 Test Kit

6. Back To Top    #6

This may help I just had it sent in the past week 6/27/11.
    Attached is the guide they sent me. Its too big. email me and I'll send it.
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida

7. Back To Top    #7

I Re-Calibrated my unit yesterday based on the instructions and the unit is still reading 5700-5900 on the salt.
    Tested the salt yesterday at the time with test strip and it was 3480ppm.

I contacted CompuPool, but have not heard anything back yet.
    Eric

IG 17x33 Grecian - Vinyl Liner (21k gallons), Hayward Pro-Grid DE 4820 filter, Hayward Super Pump, CompuPool SWG CPSC36, TF-100 Test Kit

8. Back To Top    #8

I guess I should've updated this post a while ago.

Don't hold your breath for their customer service. I had spoken them a couple of times trying to get my issue resolved and their response / turnaround time was horrible. The lady I had spoken to was very nice but not very helpful nor was she able to get answers quickly. First they sent me recalibration instructions which I thought seemed a little to involved for me to do on my own. When I told them I was not comfortable doing it, the went ahead and sent me a new display unit (which also technically challenging to install, but not nearly as complicated as the original recalibration instructions). After swapping out the displays, I didn't find that the problem was improved signifcantly. Based on my own independent testing (using strips as well as taking a sample to local store), I keep finding that the unit reads a little high. I've decided that as long as the unit does what it's supposed to do as far as chlorinating the water, I can deal with the inaccurate salt reading. I will just make sure to test it periodically and add salt whenever I deem it necessary based on my own testing.

9. Back To Top    #9

I have the same problem with my new CompuPool unit. Salt readings are VERY high compared to test strips. This sounds to me
    like a product fault. I'm going with the reading from the test strips.

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by tylersmith
    I have the same problem with my new CompuPool unit. Salt readings are VERY high compared to test strips. This sounds to me
    like a product fault. I'm going with the reading from the test strips.
    That's what i've done. The unit seems to work fine, keeps my FC at 4-5ppm running at 30%.
    I'm not receiving the "High Salt content" light.

I did email customer support, just waiting for a response to see what they tell me to do.
    Eric

11. Back To Top    #11

So I think i've got it figured out.
    I called CompuPool USA last week and talked to the receptionist? She left a message for the guy I emailed. He called me back within 10 minutes.
    Anyway, he informed me I should adjust my settings to +33 - polarity 1 and +32 - polarity 2.

I let it run for a few days, and my reading dropped slightly then went back up.

A few days ago I decided I would try a higher number than 27 (which is what the manual says).
    I set mine to +39 - polarity 1 and +38 polarity 2.
    After about a day my reading on the unit was down to 4200. Instead of the 5900 reading I was originally getting.
    My salt level was at about 3680, so I'm pretty close to that.

Might be worth a try since the manual posted did say if its reading high to increase the number. If it's reading low to decrease the number.

Again this was my own testing.
    Eric

12. Back To Top    #12

Update:
    It's been holding steady for 2 days at 4200 for the salt reading.
    I think if it holds to this weekend I might go tweak it one more notch to see if I can get it closer in range with the test strips.

Still not sure about the temp reading 69 all the time.
    Eric

13. Back To Top    #13

Mine reads 69 degrees also. Compupool acnowledges that the temp reading is a known problem.
    25000 gal Rectangle IG, Vinyl, SWCG -CircuPool SI45 Plus, Sand Filter, 3/4 hp Pentair pump with US motors echotech EZ variable speed motor

14. Back To Top    #14

I installed a CompuPool CPSC 48 a few weeks ago. It is producing chlorine and keeping my pool at 5 ppm. My temperature reading started at 132 and now it won't return a reading. My salt reading is 4600 and my salt test says 3500. Keep meaning to call Compupool but forget when they are open and I'm not at work.

Should I worry?
    Learning since 10/01/2008 --> 32,000 gallon free form, Unknown old 1 hp pump, Pentair Sand Filter, Raypak Heater

15. Back To Top    #15

If its producing what's the issue?
    17K Kidney Shaped Pool Concrete (Diamond Bright) Pool, 3/4 hp 2 speed 115V Sta-rite Duraglas PEA5D-180L/P2R5D-181L (Impeller C105-92PS Diffuser C1-216P), 1.5 piping, Pentair CC100 Filter , Heat Siphon 100K BTU Heat Pump Pool Heater, Flow meter Blue White Flowmeter Model No. F-30150P, Hayward Astrolight SP0581N, SWCG CalimarTitanium Edition TE45 , Dolphin Nautilus Plus with CleverClean, Lakeland Florida

16. Back To Top    #16

Your unit needs calibration - Go to this thread and download the calibration directions: new-compupool-install-bad-water-temp-and-salt-ppm-readings-t32928.html
    Ignore calibration should be set at numbers. CPSC48 is way off
    25000 gal Rectangle IG, Vinyl, SWCG -CircuPool SI45 Plus, Sand Filter, 3/4 hp Pentair pump with US motors echotech EZ variable speed motor

17. Back To Top    #17

After all this calibration, has anyone actually figured out the actual method of calibration, or are we all still just messing with it every couple of days till we get it in the ball park.
    Eric

18. Back To Top    #18

Since it takes an average over 24 hrs I suspect a few days between calibration is probably best case.

19. Back To Top    #19

I haven't recalibrate yet. My temp is about 10 degrees high and my PPM is about 1000 high from what I'm actually measuring. I take daily test of FC/CC/TC and PH and add TA and CH once a week and Borates/Salt every other week. I'm maintaining about 5.5 or so on my FC and PH rise is slowing down. My pump run time is about 7 hours, and I'm at 60%. When I'm out by the pool I look to see if the cell is producing. I'm going to go to every other day for testing unless things change. I'm getting to know my pool. Currently my pool temp is about 84 degrees. I have a thermometer in the pool for the temp, and I use strips for salt/borates. I haven't had to add too much fill water, but have had to drain due to rain.

20. Back To Top    #20

Quote Originally Posted by bobodaclown
    If its producing what's the issue?
    Bobo...If someone buys a system (expensive or cheap), they should expect it to function with some degree of accuracy. Wouldn't you agree?

I believe that systems like these, takes a guestimate of what the salt level is, based on the cell condition. I don't think there is a specific salinity sensor, is there?

If so, what shape is your cell in? Check and clean for any visible scale formation.
    Try increasing the flow through the cell so as to avoid any possibility of bubbles, or air gaps getting stuck on the blade surface.
    Can you check the amps and volts on the unit? I'm sure there's an acceptable range for each measurement.

I'm more curious as to if there's a definate way to calibrate the salt and temp readings, or does one have to just settle with "close" and learn to live with it.
    Sean Assam - Sean@teamhorner.com
    National Accounts and Commercial Products Manager
    AquaCal Heat Pumps www.aquacal.com
    AutoPilot Salt Chlorine Generators www.autopilot.com

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast