Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: nature 2 ?

1. Back To Top    #1

nature 2 ?

I was thinking about going with nature 2 instead of bromine. I was told for about 50 bucks you get the nature 2 cartridge and mps and should last approx. 4 months.

What do you think? I think I maybe allergic to bromine.
    20,000 gallon viking fiberglass pool w/aqua comfort heat pump, pentair whisperflo pump 1.5hp autopilot dig-220 swg w/RC42 cell (42,000), pg2000 fiber optic lights
    hayward sand filter(medium is echoglass)
    Blue diamond robot cleaner

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: nature 2 ?

One more question, can I use the taylor test kit (k-2006) with this system?
    20,000 gallon viking fiberglass pool w/aqua comfort heat pump, pentair whisperflo pump 1.5hp autopilot dig-220 swg w/RC42 cell (42,000), pg2000 fiber optic lights
    hayward sand filter(medium is echoglass)
    Blue diamond robot cleaner

3. Back To Top    #3

The Nature 2 reduces the need for a sanitizer (Chlorine/Bromine), but doesn't eliminate the need. I would recommend you search this forum for other thoughts regarding its use. I am one of the many people who started with a Nature2, then removed it. I now use a salt water chlorine generator.

Regarding your second question -- Yes, you can use the taylor test kits with Nature 2.
    23K Gunite IG Pool
    Waterway Crystal Water SVL56 Pump/1.5HP AO Smith Motor
    Hayward Star-Clear Plus Cartridge Filter C17502
    Aquarite 40k SWG
    Polaris 360

4. Back To Top    #4

You should probably try chlorine first, such as the Dichlor-then-bleach method, as fewer people are sensitive to chlorine. See Using Chlorine in a Spa for more details. If you are truly sensitive to both bromine and chlorine, then you could try Nature2 with MPS but as noted it will still require some chlorine at least for regular shocking to keep the water clear. If you find that Dichlor-then-bleach works well for you but you don't want as much maintenance (i.e. regular adding of chlorine), then a saltwater chlorine generator can be an option as more of these are now available for spas.
    16,000 gallon outdoor in-ground 16'x32' plaster pool; Pentair Intelliflo VF pump; Pentair IntelliTouch i9+3s control system; Jandy CL-340 square foot cartridge filter
    12 Fafco solar panels; Purex Triton PowerMax 250 natural gas heater (200,000 BTU/hr output); automatic electric pool safety cover; 4-wheel pressure-side "The Pool Cleaner"

5. Back To Top    #5

I really like the nature 2 for spa applications. With my customers i have them add 1TBSP of granular di-chlor once a week, and 1TBSP of MPS after each time they use the spa.. or atleast once per week like the dichlor.

Im pretty sure The frog brand also makes a dual floater for spas. Its half minerals ( similar to nature 2) and half bromine. You just let it float around the tub.
    [center:3gj9kdnn]Matt Heck
    "HECK OF A POOL SERVICE LLC"
    Serving Ocean co. NJ
    COMPANY INFO BELOW
    http://maps.google.com/maps/place?hl=en ... 2995187987[/center:3gj9kdnn]

6. Back To Top    #6

I removed my Nature 2 also.... you can search the site.
    IG 24k plaster with overflow spa. Goldline PS-8 SWG. Tristar 0.75 HP filter pump, Polaris 280, large cartridge filter, 400k BTU NG Max-E-Therm HD, SR Smith Turbo Twister, Life Saver pool fence, ORP managed.