Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: closing - draining

1. Back To Top    #1

closing - draining

hi

I have a 52" tall above ground... I drained down to 32", is this too much? I think so since winter cover (even with pillow) barley fits

thanks
    gary
    thanks
    gary

24ft x 54" aquasphere mission agp, cartridge filter, 1.5 hp hayward, TF-100, BBB method, pool install July 2010

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: closing - draining

Hi.
    Taking that much water out may be troublesome for you this winter, but I guess it depends upon where you live. If you get lots of ice and snow then the weight of the cover may cause problems. We usually take our water down to just below the return and then cover the pool. Some folks (my bro-in-law owner of a 30' AGP) don't take any water out, they just cover the skimmer and cover up the pool.

I guess that isn't much help.
    2005 Dimension One Venture model 370 gal. hot tub. We'll be using the TFP method to keep it clean and ready to use!
    TFP - The Finest Phorum on the Net!

3. Back To Top    #3

we are just south of green bay so just a little colder then you.... think I will add some back in so I don't ruin the cover or anything
    thanks
    gary
    thanks
    gary

24ft x 54" aquasphere mission agp, cartridge filter, 1.5 hp hayward, TF-100, BBB method, pool install July 2010

4. Back To Top    #4

I hope that isn't too low because we took ours down to the same level, 6 inches below the return on a 52" high pool. DH will have a fit if I tell him we have to add more water! We are in Western Pa. and usually have tons of snow and ice.
    30 ft. round Conquest agp, 19,800 gal; Pentair Easy Clean 1 hp DE EC60 filter system
    Hayward H250N gas heater; TF100 Test Kit
    2 Fafco 4x20 sunsaver solar bear solar panels
    Dolphin E 10 ~ Zoomerang slide
    Majestic 8000 Above-Ground Pool Step