Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: It's pretty bad when...

1. Back To Top    #1

It's pretty bad when...

Your a pool guy, and you're so busy taken care of everyone else, that your own pool starts turning green...
    ~45Kg Pool with attached Spa, NSP-72 DE, Minmax 400 Heater, Tahoe Blue Pebbletech, Jandy SWG via Aqualink RS-8, The Pool Cleaner (black)
    Pumps: X3 Hybrid Pump (switches to SPA), 2HP Spa (additional, when SPA is on), and a 1HP For Waterfall
    8, 4x12 Solar Panels on the roof of the pool-house (~12' up)
    CAPTAIN JAMES T. KIRK: "I'M SORRY. I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF HOW AWESOME I AM" (Thanks to TFP!)

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: It's pretty bad when...

Hopefully the upside to that is that your pockets are green too!
    24'x52" AGP (13,500 Gallons), Intex SWG, (2)Solar Bear 4x20 panels, Hayward S220T Filter, 1/2hp Pentair Superflo

Pool School, TFTestKits, Pool Calculator

3. Back To Top    #3

Well, yes... that, and I get 12% at a discount
    ~45Kg Pool with attached Spa, NSP-72 DE, Minmax 400 Heater, Tahoe Blue Pebbletech, Jandy SWG via Aqualink RS-8, The Pool Cleaner (black)
    Pumps: X3 Hybrid Pump (switches to SPA), 2HP Spa (additional, when SPA is on), and a 1HP For Waterfall
    CAPTAIN JAMES T. KIRK: "I'M SORRY. I CAN'T HEAR YOU OVER THE SOUND OF HOW AWESOME I AM" (Thanks to TFP!)

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by taekwondodo
    Well, yes... that, and I get 12% at a discount
    and, you know how to fix the problem without stress or lots of $'s
    TFP Moderator TF100 Test Kit TF100 TestKit YouTube Channel PoolMath
    You're done SLAMing when:
    1)You lose 1ppm or less FC overnight, & 2)You have .5ppm CC's or less, & 3)your water is clear.

~ One should not use a sledge hammer to swat a mosquito. ~

If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!

5. Back To Top    #5

It also comes with lazy teenagers. This time, though, I am making them fix it while I watch with cold one in hand.

Scott
    Owner of - PoolGuyNJ LLC
    Expert Pool and Spa Repairs, Renovations, and Augmentation. Helping people decide what is the right gear for meeting their needs. Expectations Set, Expectations Met, No Surprises.

6. Back To Top    #6

side story... my daughter went on my route as my "chauffeur" - she's got her learners permit. So, I paid her to be my "Test&chem" while I did the cleaning...

Here first attempt at pH adjustment (and, I warned her ahead of time...) was quite interesting... she got a good whiff of MA, and says to me, "this stuff is truly evil!".

3 or 4 more times it took her before she got to really think about "wind direction".

7. Back To Top    #7

LOL!!!!! We've all been there, but it only took me once before I learned about wind direction!
    17.5K IG Pool with Spa spillover and fountain, Plaster Finish, Purex Triton CC420 Cartridge Filter, Pentair Intelliflo XF VS motor, Laars LX GasHeater, Polaris 360