Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Constant Vaccuming

1. Back To Top    #1

Constant Vaccuming

Im the guy with alot of trees (mainly tall pines) around my pool.I started a topic about tiny debris being able to
    get through my skimmer basket and pump basket. I used a knee high in my skimmer for about a week and it seemed
    to work fine,when checked often.Its a little difficult cleaning and cannot rely on wife and kids to clean while Im
    away because they dont like all the bugs getting caught in the hoseiry. ANYWAY... my question is, is it normal
    to constantly have debris in the bottom of my pool the day after I vacuum? it appears to be coming out of my
    filter and not something that just falls to the surface and sinks. Thanx
    16x34 kidney shape 19,000 gal vinyl IG
    Pentair IC-20 SWG
    Pentair sand filter
    Pentair 1HP pump

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Constant Vaccuming

To check if it's coming out of the filter hold a sock over the return and see if it catches any.
    Dave J. TFP Moderator
    24' x 52" Round AGP. 2hp/¼hp SPL Power-Flo 2-speed pump. 200sqft Waterway Cartridge Filter. 45MHP2(3GPD) Stenner Peristaltic Pump
    Pool School ----- Pool Math ----- TF-Test Kit

3. Back To Top    #3

I guess that would work,but It takes hours for this to occur. is it possible this stuff is able to make its way
    completely through the filter? If so does this mean my filter sand would need to be changed? It hasnt even seen
    two full seasons yet.
    16x34 kidney shape 19,000 gal vinyl IG
    Pentair IC-20 SWG
    Pentair sand filter
    Pentair 1HP pump

4. Back To Top    #4

We get fresh debris in the pool most days, but not every day.

If you tie a stocking over the return, you can leave it for hours or days and then check it to see if anything is getting through the filter (hopefully not).
    19K gal, vinyl, 1/2 HP WhisperFlo pump, 200 sqft cartridge filter, AutoPilot Digital SWG, Dolphin Dynamic cleaning robot
    Creator of PoolMath and Pool Calculator. Other handy links: Support this site, TF Test Kits, Pool School