2018 Bleach Prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Doubling down on the Ocean State Job Lot 12.5 % chlorine. As Husky25 mentioned, the buy $100 gift card, get a $30 "crazy deals" card for free deal is great. You can use the $100 card right away... just have to wait 24 hours to use the $30 card. Not a big deal. Just go back and buy more chlorine with it on the next run!
My store is in South Plainfield, NJ... and as also mentioned above they have quite the pool supply section going for them.

I probably went overboard with the deal.. but will let me test out how long the chlorine lasts! ;-) Is there a way to measure the concentration?

Doubling down on the Ocean State Job Lot 12.5 % chlorine. As Husky25 mentioned, the buy $100 gift card, get a $30 "crazy deals" card for free deal is great. You can use the $100 card right away... just have to wait 24 hours to use the $30 card. Not a big deal. Just go back and buy more chlorine with it on the next run!
My store is in South Plainfield, NJ... and as also mentioned above they have quite the pool supply section going for them.

I probably went overboard with the deal.. but will let me test out how long the chlorine lasts! ;-) Is there a way to measure the concentration?

That is quite the savings! Well done!

There is a way to figure out the % of chlorine but I cannot find it right now. I will keep looking. I did it once and remember it required a 5 gal bucket but that is all I remember :roll:

Kim:kim:

A couple pool stores said using liquid chlorine could be bad for a vinyl liner because it's heavier than water and sinks to bottom of pool and could bleach the liner. So we have been pouring it slowly into the deep end and using the pool wall brush on the extension pole to mix around the water.. is this even needed?

We don't understand how Dichlor or Cal Hypo granules or predisolved in 5 gallon bucket is any safer for a vinyl liner than liquid chlorine bottles?
I've never had a problem. It dilutes as soon as it hits the water and pouring in front of the return distributes it pretty decently. Plus, if you have a main drain, the Chlorine will get sucked into the filter and shot out the other returns.

Their theory is probably because Liquid is not stabilized in the jug. They may assume, for some reason, that you don't have CYA in your water already. Dichlor and Cal Hypo is already stabilized.

I'll have to see about the new pool in the coming weeks but my old one (17'x35' Grecian shape) consumed about a half jug/day, so I'd buy a case each week. My current pool is slightly bigger (18'x26' rectangle) and I've estimated a few 1,000 more gallons (24k vs 21k), but I am not yet done with my opening SLAM, so I have not yet observed how a measured dose affects my tests results.

I ended up doing it twice. There is a patio chest that I want to get for $99, which will now cost $69. I no longer have my shed right outside the gate, so I want a convenient place to store pool toys and vacuuming equipment.

The Keter deck boxes have held up great for me. They have been outside for 3 years and still look and function like new. Everything always stays dry in them no matter how bad it rains. The kids climb and jump all over them as well.

The Keter deck boxes have held up great for me. They have been outside for 3 years and still look and function like new. Everything always stays dry in them no matter how bad it rains. The kids climb and jump all over them as well.
Picked up the Suncast model because it matches my patio furniture. Hopefully it works as well as the Keter, which was right next to it.

Walmart is the biggest store in my town. Really disappointed in the drop to 6%. I bought 10 gallons of their 10% in the pool section which is $3.64. Guess I'll check other stores like Dollar General, Family Dollar, etc. Pool will be opened any day now and I want to be ready.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Yes the Ace sale is not as good as the usual $2.50, but $2.99 is still better than anywhere in Austin. The shock packets for $2.49 it's also good if you you need a bit extra ca.
8eab6982aafb4c6d82f101b9755b18c1.jpg

Solar Breeze - Aquabot 4WD - TFP

How do you get the volume discount? I see the same here in Austin, but I plug in 4 cases and price doesn't change. Looks likes there's 3 g per case. If no discount the price of 2.59 per 121 oz of 8.25% at our local HEB is slightly less.

The discount was at the register, I was watching. Two gallons per case, 10% for $6.17 per case when buying 4 cases or more, no delivery. Maximum refund value $37

I hit up one of the Home Depot's in Memphis, TN last night looking for this deal. Had to get an associate to get additional boxes off the top shelf. Date codes were all from April 2018. Three one gallon jugs of 10% for $9.98. No one was aware of any bulk discount and there was nothing popped up in the system when they scanned four of the boxes. So far, still the best deal I have found in the Memphis area. I have been buying Aldi 8.25% at $1.49 per jug for years... and it was right down the street from me. Since I haven't seen it mentioned yet, Aldi has followed suit and switched back to 6% but priced at $2.19 for 121oz. The jug is purposely made to look like the old gallon size jugs vs the smaller 64oz 8.25% concentrated jugs.

Personal Experience: I am still using Walmart bought 10% liquid Chlorine from last year (when I found TFP and exchanged my (cough 10 bags) Cal-Hypo for Liquid Chlorine) they have been stored in basement and are working about @ 8.25% concentration (testing after adding vs expected result for 10%). They were stored inside and nearly new when I got them (date code wise). My tiny 2600gal "splash-pool" doesn't need much chlorine. I have 6 bottles left! lol

Just ordered 16g from Ace, hopefully fresh since coming in on truck next week. $2.99 for 10% for full gallon is best deal here for the next 2 weeks.

In DFW, 8.25% is gone. 10% at Walmart, Home Depot, Lowes - the stock is MONTHs old (3-5). Useless. They don't turn enough, apparently, to keep the stock rotating.

I'm stuck. Looking for something - anything - around here in Dallas/Fort Worth that isn't just the same thing but a price gouge as 8.25% has been for 5 years.

LIDL-branded bleach at 8.25% was mentioned in the forum but I haven't figured out exactly what that is (brand-wise).

Any suggestions?

In DFW, 8.25% is gone. 10% at Walmart, Home Depot, Lowes - the stock is MONTHs old (3-5). Useless. They don't turn enough, apparently, to keep the stock rotating.

I'm stuck. Looking for something - anything - around here in Dallas/Fort Worth that isn't just the same thing but a price gouge as 8.25% has been for 5 years.

LIDL-branded bleach at 8.25% was mentioned in the forum but I haven't figured out exactly what that is (brand-wise).

Any suggestions?
Ace hardware.
Or HEB, it's still 8.25 here in Austin.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.