2016 bleach prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Walmart's inventory accuracy is sketchy at best

To say the least. I just checked my local walmart inventory via their own website as well as that 3rd party site. Both show the liquid chlorine as out of stock, though I know for a fact one of them has it in 3 different places in their store. I'm having a harder and harder time finding anything but the 071 date code stuff though.

Went into Rural King today ~ first visit.

Pallets of liquid chlorine ~ 4 gallons to a case $7.99
Not one employee knew the strength, came home looked online & it appears to be 10%
Date codes were funky on the ones I could see so have no idea how old they are.
But if they were fresh and you have a Rural King close by might be priced decently enough to make a trip and pick some up.

Went into Rural King today ~ first visit.

Pallets of liquid chlorine ~ 4 gallons to a case $7.99
Not one employee knew the strength, came home looked online & it appears to be 10%
Date codes were funky on the ones I could see so have no idea how old they are.
But if they were fresh and you have a Rural King close by might be priced decently enough to make a trip and pick some up.

Fair warning, not all Rural King's are the same. My local Rural King carries 12.5% "liquid shock" in cases on sale till Sunday for $9.99. The date codes were 16 111 or so, which isn't too bad I guess. I've been buying the 10% from walmart though, and I'd have to readjust my stenner pump timer if I changed strength.

Everyone in town was bragging it up ~ and the place was a dump.

10 Dollars a piece for tomato cages :eek:

But they did have all those pallets of LC so I thought I would share.

The store is new to our area, I am going to give them time to get that rats nest cleaned up ~ but I have a feeling our is destined to be a dump.

Everyone in town was bragging it up ~ and the place was a dump.

10 Dollars a piece for tomato cages :eek:

But they did have all those pallets of LC so I thought I would share.

The store is new to our area, I am going to give them time to get that rats nest cleaned up ~ but I have a feeling our is destined to be a dump.

My wife and I just moved from the city to the burbs and Rural King is one of the things i was looking forward to about our more "rural" life. Yeah, it's a dump, but they have better quality stuff than the box stores usually, and often good prices. For example, my rural king has muriatic acid for 3.99 a gallon, which is the cheapest I can find it anywhere around me. And if you need anything that is farm related, you'll find it there, not Home Depot.

So while yes, the store is somewhat of a dump, the positives outweigh the downsides for me.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
AZ Safeways are supposed to have chemtex liquid shock 2 gallons in a box for $5, limit 4 boxes. my store doesn't usually carry liquid so they ordered it for me. expires tomorrow, I think.

going salt but figured I may need some anyway and it is cheaper than bleach at that price so use it for laundry and toilet cleaning, LOL

Last edited:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.