2016 bleach prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just got back from our local (Houston / Heights area) Wal Mart and saw they have their 1 gallon jugs of 10% chlorinating liquid on 'Roll Back' to $2.50...with quite a bit in stock.
This is what I found here in NC.. last year they didn't have the "chlorinating liquid" and I had to use 8.25% bleach from the laundry aisle which was more expensive, and lower concentration. Was excited this year.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Just picked up 2 cases of pool shock 12.5% at ollie's for $2.99 a gallon
47a697fdbdf72f88fa91d764843a2c57.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ace Hardware memorial day flier just hit. $2.50/g for their liquid chlorine.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Look in your Yellow Pages for a chemical company near you, see if you can buy a 25 or 30 gallon drum of Sodium Hypochlorite, when you buy it this way, you can also get 10% or 12.5%, so therefore you use less and you should be able to buy it cheaper in a 30 gallon drum, if you have a friend that has a pool, buy a 55 gallon drum and you can both use it. With proper storage, it has a good 1 yr shelf life. You can get a drum and an inexpensive hand pump for the bunghole.
i have not actually done this because my pool stays clear and in parameters all year.
The best pool store near my house in Thailand is World Chemical.
I do need to get 2 bags of salt soon and when I go, I will ask about this and see what they have to say and post it here.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.