2016 bleach prices

Status
Not open for further replies.
I saw the Pool Essentials brand in my Walmart today at that price, and bought 8 of them without knowing anything about it. Need to SLAM my pool this weekend. I then came here to find out if it was any good and found this thread, lol! Glad to see it is a good deal, and very glad to see the info on finding the manufacturing date (THANKS!). But my question is...has anyone actually used the product yet, and does it work as expected?

Found some 10% Chlorinating Liquid at local Kroger today, but it's a good thing I checked the date which was May 2015!
I wonder if there's any potency left at all. Needless to say I didn't buy any.

I also saw some store brand 8.25% bleach but it had a use through date instead of the Manufactured date as listed in this thread. It says to use before September 30, 2016. What's your opinion as to whether this bleach is still good, and if so, for how long?

Anyone found decent prices on Chlorine in the Phoenix Arizona area? Last year I was buying from NPS pool supply in Chandler for $5.00 for 2 gallons of 10%. Looks like that deal is dead since Leslie's Pool Supply bought them out recently :mad:.

I don't know about Phoenix area, but Tucson Walmart stores have the Pool Essentials brand, 10%, fresh dates at $2.50 per gallon.

Anyone found decent prices on Chlorine in the Phoenix Arizona area? Last year I was buying from NPS pool supply in Chandler for $5.00 for 2 gallons of 10%. Looks like that deal is dead since Leslie's Pool Supply bought them out recently :mad:.

Check out A&M Corsons on NE corner of Warner and McQueen. $14.99 for 4 gallons of 12.5%. Refillable gallon jugs - $6.00 deposit on 4 jugs with carrying crate, refunded upon return. I've been using this for a year and a half and have always gotten fresh stock. They have another location at Alma School and Elliot (NE corner). 23.4 cents per effective ounce.

Also, Walmart had 10% "Chlorinating Liquid" for $2.50/gallon. Price was reduced from $3.64. Date codes showed 16063 (63rd day of 2016) for the stuff I bought, so was pretty fresh stock. 19.5 cents per effective ounce.

Found some 10% Chlorinating Liquid at local Kroger today, but it's a good thing I checked the date which was May 2015!
I wonder if there's any potency left at all. Needless to say I didn't buy any.

I also saw some store brand 8.25% bleach but it had a use through date instead of the Manufactured date as listed in this thread. It says to use before September 30, 2016. What's your opinion as to whether this bleach is still good, and if so, for how long?
Oops, it actually said "sell before September 30, 2016"
Any ideas on how long this will be good to use in a pool?

Local pool store has 5 gallon carboys of 12.5% for $15, free delivery. They had it at my door within 30mins of ordering. No more grocery store bleach here :eek:

dWLNpmU.jpg

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Just picked up a few bottles at the Magnolia Target for $3.02 for 121 oz.

I read a post earlier about Napco Chemicals in Spring TX. Are they good to get bleach from and do they come in there own containers or do you have to bring your own?

You need to bring containers. See ozdiver's link on page 1 of this thread. I stopped by Napco last year and talked to them. If I remember correctly, you need containers with at least an 1-1/2" opening. I still buy cases at Leslie's which is stupid spendy. I guess I need to order some containers before it gets hot.

Although I would have no problem buying bleach because the TFPC Method is so awesome, it makes it even better than I get 12-15% bleach from a buddy that runs a small chemical company near my house for FREE! He brings me 1-2 5 gallon jugs and when one gets empty I give it back and he gives me a full one! In the last 1.5 years my pool has only cost me $30 to keep perfect. The $30 was used to buy CYA.

Love this place!

Wayne

I went to my local Wal-Mart supercenter, College Station, TX to pick up some of the 10% Pool Essentials I read about on here. It was marked $3.56 instead of $2.50 so I was a little bummed, but still a decent price. I picked up 9 gallons. They must have had 300 gallons in the display. Just now as I was categorizing my receipts, I found that Wal-Mart receipt and saw that I was charged only $2.50/gallon!
My only question, can you store liquid bleach in a deep freeze with no degradation? ;) I'm only half kidding.

Just had the same thing happen at a Walmart in Dallas. 10% Pool Essentials was marked as $3.64, when they rang it up, was $2.50. Was going to post in the forum about my great find... Only to see this thread and see that it wasn't a 'new' find.

Ok I lied about no more grocery store bleach, cause I was already there. 10% Pool essential from Walmart was $3.64, no sale here :(
Have them pice check it. Others have reported the sale price of $2.50 being charged without it being posted in the store.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.