2005 Sundance Capri not getting hotter than 102 degrees

wpatters1229

Oct 15, 2020
Pleasant Hill, CA
I used to get my spa to 104 degrees but lately, it only gets to 102. Could this mean I need a new heater element or sensor? We do not have any minerals or such in our water. It is very clean so I know that is not the problem. I also inserted a resistor in the sensor line a couple of years ago so I can get the temp up to 104. I read that a filter not cleaned could also cause this problem but the water pressure coming out of the jet that comes from the heater is strong like normal. We have had a few power outages. I also read that it might just need a reset. How is that done? Just power off for a few minutes or is there another procedure?

It is a 2005 Sundance capri and I figured it out. Something clogged the filter and the circulation motor that pumps water through the heater got hot and burned out. Ouch! A new one is in the mail. Not cheap but since it runs 24/7 it is understandable. The pump was barely pulling water through and the body of the motor was too hot to touch.

Do the long replacement filters, Sundance Double End 120, 6540-488, PSD125-2000, C-8326, and FC-2780 have a plug halfway down the inside tube that allows one side to filter the circulating pump and the other side for the jets? Is this better or worse than the original two-filter setup?