$200,000 pool, ready to set it on fire!

You can stop now AND get in with a broom and half a jug of bleach. Have the hose going to start filling it back up while you sweep the bleach in mix it up to kill the yuck!

Did you get some CYA? This when you can run the hose over it to start getting the CYA into the water.

That pic looks good. It will not take as much chlorine to get that cleared up!!

:hug: to my new best friend?

Kim:kim:

Cyndi, I would start with 10 just in case there is any in there from what you added before. It is a LOT easier to add CYA than it is to take it out AND you have no way to test it yet. So put 10 in the now box and 30 in the target box and go from there. I use a plastic measure cup and us the oz marking.

I am going to in and out all day. I will check on you as I can. I am also going to ask a couple of people to keep an eye out on you. I am hoping all you need to do today is get in and do the bleach dance with the broom while adding water to fill it back up. Don't forget to clean your filter while you are already wet LOL.

Thank you. By cleaning the filter I am assuming a backwash clean or should I be doing something more elaborate? It's unplugged now since the water is at a level way below level to reach it. Going to start the process now. I let it drain more overnight. The water left is clear as can be. This makes me wonder if I actually must use the filtration systrm
to refill or if I can go straight from well bypassing filter. Perhaps a combination of the two? Here I go. When I get out of this staycation chair. Thankfully my boss said yes to a few days off. PMS is nothing compared to the level
of aggravation this pool has caused making me a complete grumpy pants!

have a great day!!!

Some folks have iron in their water that will turn color when they add chlorine. That might be what has happened.

If this is what happened, some people have had success using PolyFill to trap the iron particles to remove them from your water. You would put the PolyFill in the skimmer basket and would need to change it out every so often. Some people also simply use some paper towel in the skimmer basket to capture the iron particles instead of the polyfill.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I'm not at a water level yet to turn the filter on. I also don't have a skimmer. I saw some that hang over the side of pool and need to look for one of those. I drilled holes in a milk jug and filled it will pillow tuffing. Currently have the hose going through that to try and catch iron if coming out of the faucet.

Should I get some iron out or just wait and see if filtration cleans it up?

- - - Updated - - -

Also, I put stabilizer in a sock and had that over the water hose. Some of it is still in crystals so n the bottom of pool. ��

Jump in and grab the "crystals" and rub them between your hands in the water to help them dissolve.

We will work on the metal tint. At least it will be swimable as it is clear!

Keep bleach in the water (1/2 jug a day) in the pool each afternoon. This will keep it from going green until you get your test kit and we can get it REALLY balanced!

:hug:

My grand asked why it's green? �� It had more of a brown tint like iron. The little filter I made with quilt batting is definitely rusty brown. It's filling so slow I still can't start the sand filter. Ilet me see if I can get a pic up using my photography host.

To me it looks like "dirty" water.......kind of like your well is picking up silt??? For the 5 gal bucket you can buy cheap paper towels and stuff them in the bucket and have to water flow in to the lid (hole cut just big enough for the hose and LOTS of small holes drilled into the bottom Have the poly fill on top of the towels.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.