Belle Chasse, LA
Pool Size
Surface
Plaster
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
Jandy Aquapure 1400
TFP gurus, back again with another issue…
The 20 amp fuse for “computer & lights” popped while we were changing colors (might be unrelated but it was switching to magenta and then…kaput to everything). The breaker now feels a little slushy between on/off and will not bring power back to anything. I’m assuming the breaker is bad and plan on trying a new one tomorrow. Hoping I can match it at Home Depot/lowes. The lights were on for a few hours but the switch to magenta brought the chaos - might be unrelated as a causal factor but I’ll avoid it in the future until I find out. Breakers are about 6 years old. Any ideas and am I on the right track for saving myself from a pool service visit? I now have no power to any of the equipment as the panel is dead…luckily chemical levels were near perfect today! I am worried if it is the lights I’ll just keep popping until that is sorted. I’m guessing buy a few breakers and disconnect lights if that is the case on my second attempt.
Pics of the panel attached. Any advice or recommendations from previous similar issues appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_2226.jpeg
    IMG_2226.jpeg
    370 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2227.jpeg
    IMG_2227.jpeg
    382.7 KB · Views: 12
  • IMG_2230.jpeg
    IMG_2230.jpeg
    333.1 KB · Views: 12
You should not have both the "computer" and the lights on the same CB.

You even have a CB below it labeled spare.

The Aqualink panel aka computer does not need to be on a GFCI CB.

I would change the wiring so the Aqualink is powered by its own CB so you do not lose it if the lights trip the GFCI CB. You can make that wiring change now and get your Aqualink back online.

I would disconnect the black LOAD wire from the tripped GFCI CB and see if it resets. If it does not reset it is a bad breaker. If it does reset then something is causing the CB to trip.

Thank you! That makes a lot of sense to separate the two. Pulled the black wire and was able to reset the breaker. I’m going to move the computer over to the other breaker once it’s not 100 degrees outside. I had wondered why they were shared…inherited pool install from a house we purchased a year ago. Everything working normal now. (I did get this post last night to take advantage of the no sun time to work). Can’t thank you enough.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.