2 weeks to get pool clean

I'm keeping a close eye on the CYA. It was super low before and I was losing 2ppm overnight and 10ppm during the day. I was going through 10 gallons of 12% bleach a day.

According to The Pool Calculator, 40lbs of dichlor should raise my CYA by 24ppm. My CYA was below 30 and in one of my other posts, someone mentioned that my CYA should be around 50-60ppm. I figured I'd end up in the 50-60ppm range. Even if the pool calculator is wrong, worst case is that I'll end up slightly above 60ppm.

I'm out there daily for 3 hours brushing on weekdays and 10 hours brushing and vacuuming on weekends. I'm using a coarse brush and rigorously brushing the walls. The ground doesn't look like it has algae but I can't really see it so who knows. The algae is just extremely stubborn. There is daily improvement but I just wish it would happen faster.

On a similar note, I'm somewhat tired of lugging around 50lb buckets of 12% bleach and the place I have to get the stuff from is far away. Is there a granular chlorine I could use which won't raise CYA and won't make my pool cloudy? I was thinking Power Powder Pro from Leslie's but I heard that stuff will make my pool cloudy.

Fc 2
Cc a lot
Ph 7.2
Cya 45-50

I used the last of my dichlor last night. I'm in a good place there.

Sorry didn't have time to use the new test kit this morning. Suffice it to say, I raised my ph yesterday an now I have tons of cc and an even more cloudy pool. While this makes me extremely happy, I just realized I forgot to loosen the cap on my bleach and can't shock till I get home from work!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.