2-way vs 3-way shut-off valves for above ground pool

speedmeup

Dec 26, 2022
Sydney, Australia
I am building a pool where the equipment will be below the water line and trying to decide whether to use a 2-way shut-off valve for every suction and return separately or combine some onto 3-way valves.

I guess the real question is how reliable are 3-way valves and do they need replacing/servicing more than a 2-way valve?

On the suction side I will have one skimmer and 2 lower level suctions which will be teed. For entrapment compliance I don't think I can shut-off the lower level suctions separately so I was thinking just on 3-way valve between A Skimmer, B Low suctions and C Pump would be good.

On the return side I will have 5 or 6 returns for various reasons with only 3 in constant use. Again, I could group these and use just 2 x 3-way valves. Is that risky? I figure if something fails then I probably have to drain the pool to the level of the return in the worst case.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.