2 rounds of AA for metal stain and now Algae --and stain is coming back

Well, still loosing about an inch a day. I haven't measured it with a ruler, but it looks maybe more than an inch a day. Water here is dirt cheap, so I am probably going to let it go for the summer, then replace the liner in the fall/winter.

I can't see any new rips or tears. My patches seem to be good. No bubbles or anything. I pulled the drain cover off today to see if it had one of those valves that lets the water table thru, but it didn't. So I guess that cant leak. Im stumped and just don't feel like spending $350 for somebody to come tell me what I already know.

On a good note, at least the stain didn't come all the way back. Some of the stain did settle back on the liner, but nowhere near as ugly or dark as before. I'm calling it a win. Im also going to start a new thread on back washing(since it is a different topic) and show you guys my "backwash manifold" that I created while doing the drain. Just my way of giving back to the forum.

- - - Updated - - -

Oh yeah, I have been re-balancing after the refill. Cant seem to get my chlorine to hold. PH and TA are holding nicely. Am I correct in assuming that my chlorine isn't holding because my CyA is 0?? If so, what is the best way, best bang for the buck, to get CyA back in the water? Chlorine stabilizer from walmart? I am also wondering if I should be worried about the CH since this is a vinyl liner. Here are my results today from the TF-100 kit:
TC-0
pH-7.5
TA-120
CH-50
CyA-0

That is a plausible theory. Let's go with that for now. :)

UPDATE: So this past weekend we were all out in the pool and my daughter who has eagle eyes found a 1" long slit in the liner on the wall of the pool. I patched that one, and she and my other kids found 5 more small slits (less than 1/2 inch) in the shallow end. Patched them all as well with some old liner material that the original house owner left and vinyl cement. For two days now I have not lost any water!!!! I was loosing about 1.5 to 2 inches a day. Now its only about 1/8 inch to 1/4 inch a day, I assume that's just evaporation according to what I have read here on TFP. Scratched my head forever trying to figure out where I was loosing water. So, if you can't find your leaks, get your eagle eye kids to jump in with goggles and comb the pool liner walls!! I have 4 kids and they made a game out of who could find the most holes. It was all I could do to keep up with them cutting and gluing patches. Yeah, the liner gets replaced next season. Needless to say I am ecstatic about finding this and finally stopping the water loss!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.