2 Maintenance Questions (excessive rain & plaster brushing)

I guess at this point I'll continue to maintain at least a 3.5 chlorine level (via SWG) and perform a weekly overnight chlorine loss test, and continue brushing a couple times a week at this point. The chemical tests are posted in a previous post as well...
I have a much better picture of your situation now.

If you look at the FC/CYA chart in Pool School, your suggested FC level is 3-4ppm....sounds like you are there now.

Since you aren't losing any overnight FC, there is no need to shock. As long as your water clarity and appearance of the pool stays good, there's really no reason to do the overnight FC loss test, either. I would suggest using that only when you suspect you have a problem.

The only thing left that's a little puzzling is it appears you're still at 70% to maintain your FC in a cool pool with no bather load. I suspect your FC will start to rise soon and you'll have to cut that percentage back. I believe you had some organics in your pool that had been causing extra chlorine consumption but you have gotten rid of them.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.