2 Hour Pressure Cooker/Canner Ribs

vegaspool

LifeTime Supporter
Apr 10, 2012
Hello all, new to the forum.

Here is my rib recipe as a thank you for all of the great info shared.

1. Cut whole rib slabs into easy to handle sections 8" add salt and pepper to taste.
2. Brown lightly on both sides
3. While browning put 2-3" of water in the pressure cooker ( I have a 30 qt model) turn heat on high and add 2-8 whole garlic cloves cut in half, 3-5 tlbs worcestershire, 4-6 tlbs honey ,4-8 poblano peppers 4-8 chili peppers, 1/4 cup brown sugar, 2 tlbs molases, 1 cup heinz catsup 2 tbls yellow mustard.
All numbers vary dependant upon personal taste hot- -mild sweet- -sour :blah:

4.When the water boils add browned ribs put the lid on and when you reach 15psi........... 2200' elevation.
(Time/Temp changes with change in elevation adjust for your location .)

25-26 min very firm texture full adhesion to the bone.
26-27 min tender yet will hold together (I've found this works best)
28-30 min very tender some breakage of structure
31-34 min falling apart soft @ 32-34 min pork bones become soft to touch

5. Release pressure remove ribs SAVE THE COOKING LIQUID
6. Bring the stock to low rolling boil reduce by 30%
7. Reduce to simmer
add by volume
30% heinz catsup
10% yellow mustard
10% honey

2-4 oz whiskey jim or jack
2 minced garlic cloves
1/2 white onion fine chop
1/4--3/4 cup white vinger to taste
Simmer for 8 min

8. Preheat grill to 425-450
9. Add ribs cook until hot
10. Glaze with sauce until caramelized (5-10 min)

Unlike the exacting nature of pool chem you should experiment with this as it is just a baseline. :party:

[b said:
Melt In The Sun[/b]]Sounds pretty good...even though ribs are meant to be smoked over real wood! :poke: :lol:

Real wood is a good addition I've lightly smoked them pre pressure cooker on a few occasions but it has to be a light smoke due to the concentrating effects of the cooker driving flavors in @15 psi.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.