2 dif FC readings - which should I trust?

Ahshort

Jun 3, 2022
Moses Lake, Wa
Pool Size
Surface
Fiberglass
Chlorine
Liquid Chlorine
Doing a SLAM. Getting weird readings every 3 hrs. Then realized that I had 2 bottles of Fas dpd. Using one I’m now getting a reading of FC 13. The other gives me a FC of 16, which is my target. I’ve ordered a new bottle but will be a few days. Which reading should I go by til the fresh comes in? Or maybe safer to abandon the SLAM til I’m confident in my testing chemicals?

Doing a SLAM. Getting weird readings every 3 hrs. Then realized that I had 2 bottles of Fas dpd. Using one I’m now getting a reading of FC 13. The other gives me a FC of 16, which is my target. I’ve ordered a new bottle but will be a few days. Which reading should I go by til the fresh comes in? Or maybe safer to abandon the SLAM til I’m confident in my testing chemicals?
err on the side of caution & use the lower reading to ensure you’re achieving slam level until your new reagents arrive.
Is one older than the other? If stored properly they have a shelf life of 2 years. They have best by dates on the bottle.
Wait until you get your new reagents to do an
Overnight Chlorine Loss Test

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.