2 bottom cuffs poking at my liner - leak imminent?

davecate

Jul 12, 2020
Swannanoa NC
Hey Everyone -

Thanks to everyone who takes time to read these and reply - I really appreciate it.

Basically - I did not cover the entire perimeter of my pool with my styrofoam molding. A couple of small 3 - 4 inch areas along the perimeter of the pool have no molding, and no sand bank. First time self-installation leads to many beginners mistakes, I'm learning..

So anyway - now my liner is set directly onto 2 of my plastic bottom cuffs. I know that its plastic - but there are 2 rounded, but thin pegs coming up from the boot that my liner is laying on. It definitely feels like a liner puncture waiting to happen.

Any tricks of the trade here? Should I put patches on them to prevent leaks, or wait until a leak springs then deal with it?

I doubt very seriously you will be able to move thousands of pounds of water ( 72,500 pounds for your pool ) so nothing really you can do except drain the pool and see if you can get sand or foam or something behind the liner and refill... I am not sure it will puncture but if it does it may not stop at little holes :)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.