Bronze Supporter
Apr 9, 2020
Claremore, OK
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
SWG Type
CircuPool Core-55
This year I got a SWCG and VSP, and decided to keep pool open. Have pump running at 1000rpm. We have frigid temps from this arctic blast, and 2 days ago, pool looked good. Didn't get out yesterday, but today, there is a good bit of ice over entire surface. Don't know thickness but not cracking or anything when I bang on it with fist. Pump still running and skimmer is flowing too.
I turned up PRM to 1600 thinking more flow might help? Not supposed to get above freezing until Wednesday.
Anything I could/should do or just let it ride out since I know water is still flowing?
(Maybe keeping it open was a bad idea?)

Keep the pump running at those higher RPM 24/7. Put a bit of pool noodle or a half-filled plastic bottle in the skimmer to provide a crumple zone for ice to expand in case the skimmer freezes.

Pump lid is full of water and moving. I have a whole house generator that the pool is connected to, and it has been tested and works. Need to see if I have any pool noodles hanging around ;-)

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.