1st time hard plumbing....Help Needed.

Flame

May 8, 2016
Marysville, WA.
So my AGP skimmer and return fittings are barbed as were my previous pump and filter connections, so I used the normal flexible pool hose that you clamped on. Now I have a new pump and filter (see sig); and with that I want to hard plumb to incorporate ball valves and unions for ease with maintenance and wintering. I have no idea how to make a good connection with the barbed fittings to PVC (wish the darned things were threaded!) How do I make it work? HELP :confused:

On my doughbot the skimmer and return are barbed and i am using a fernco with no issues. You can get them at any hardware or big bix hardware store. Sorry its blurry but yoi will see the connections.
a66e1951ba58b2b4dcbfe4076bd936c9.jpg

Wraenking, that's the same skimmer I have. I bought the smallest fernco I thought would work the day before yesterday, it was raining bad so I only ran out to check the fit, at 1 1/4 x 1 1/2 it's a smidge too big but I also didn't tighten the clamp any. Is that the size you used? I'm thinking it might be OK just didn't want to do it if it was wrong. Supposed to be dry today so I'm going to check it out.

So, the 1 1/2" that I got fits perfect on the skimmer fitting, on the return there isn't that extra little 'step' which allows the 1 1/2 to fit the skimmer. I put the 1 1/4 on and tightened the clamp, holds on fine when I try to move it. So I am going to go with that for now and see how it all holds up once I fill 'er up. That is the only part that I am mildly concerned about but I really think it will be fine. Will update as I know more.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.