1st time BBB. Please visit and share your knowledge

a3aredap.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

I work the same schedule 24/48. I have not had to slam my pool in about two years. What I did was start it on my 48. The beginning will use more FC. Keep a log on how much your adding and the duration. Then if you can get someone to dose it in the evening you can have an idea of how much to leave out. If not then dose it high and hope for the best until you can hit it hard on your 48.

Sent from my VS870 4G using Tapatalk

FWIW, I don't think that green is the metals green so much as an algae green. Not clear enough to see bottom I think.

Not an expert in that by any means however.

yeah, that pic isnt the best by any means. but I did focus on the reflection of that tree you see in the right of the photo.. if you look closely, you can see the bottom of the pool. It had a green film on the bottom, but clear to that point, until i brushed the pool and had the pump running. it stayed a full green and you couldnt see the bottom until I started the SLAM. Now its a clear green.

Im at work today and wont be able to check the pool. Im gone for 24 hours, so I had my wife blindly pour a bottle ( 124 ) oz of bleach in it. Im sure it wont hurt even if it goes above the Slam mark of 12. I will get back on it first thing in the morning and re adjust.

Yall have been great with your experience and advice. keep it coming..Thanks!

Scott

FWIW, I don't think that green is the metals green so much as an algae green. Not clear enough to see bottom I think.

Not an expert in that by any means however.

The reason I mentioned about the clear green and the metals is that driver5 said he has been on a copper system for 2 years and has not used chlorine during that time. I'm not an metal expert by any means. Maybe somebody else can shed some light on this.

OK, so let's get a copper test. Now I read that you had no chlorine at all for 2 years. If you kept algae away by copper only, I guess that was a LOT of copper.

Is there a pool store that will do a copper test for you?

Also, if you are trying to SLAM, you want to keep chlorine AT or ABOVE the level designated. That is 12 ppm for CYA 30 ppm. Consider 12 the lower end of your zone.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
A clear transparent green can occur from copper in the water, though it can also come from algae. As the SLAM process nears completion, it gets more likely that it is coming from copper.

Do you know your copper level?

Much clearer compared to the pics from two days ago.

Compare to page 3 pics

I have kept the Slam at or above 12. It's a fun and amazing process to watch. It's doing exactly as what yall said it would.

My wife has been concerned with all the bleach I've been using. She doesn't think it is safe.
I remember reading a post here about CDC? Recommends that drinking water be around 4ppm? I, in a round about way, explained that to her and I think she is on board.

Scott

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.