1st Post, Burring an Intex 9' x 18'

My skimmer came in this week and I installed it this weekend. Still working on the hard pluming and the placement of the pump and filter.
[attachment=1:2uozjqte]Pool009_opt.jpg[/attachment:2uozjqte]
[attachment=0:2uozjqte]Pool010_opt.jpg[/attachment:2uozjqte]

Attachments

• Pool009_opt.jpg
    Pool009_opt.jpg
    74 KB · Views: 424
  • Pool010_opt.jpg
    Pool010_opt.jpg
    45.1 KB · Views: 425
This weekend I started on the decking. It came to an abrupt stop due to thunderstorms late Saturday and most of the day Sunday. I will be back at it again this weekend if the weather lets me.

[attachment=0:lao1vztv]Pool013_opt.jpg[/attachment:lao1vztv]

Attachments

• Pool013_opt.jpg
    Pool013_opt.jpg
    76.8 KB · Views: 250
Here is my last weekends progress. Again it waits and storms on the weekends here. I wish I could get a full 2 days of work in. Take a wild guess what this weekends forecast is?
[attachment=2:2klje2vm]Forecast.JPG[/attachment:2klje2vm]
[attachment=1:2klje2vm]Pool014_opt.jpg[/attachment:2klje2vm]
[attachment=0:2klje2vm]Pool015_opt.jpg[/attachment:2klje2vm]

Attachments

• Forecast.JPG
    Forecast.JPG
    33.7 KB · Views: 250
  • Pool014_opt.jpg
    Pool014_opt.jpg
    62.6 KB · Views: 237
  • Pool015_opt.jpg
    Pool015_opt.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 237
Hi Vettechick :) I've just bought the exact same pool .... :) And I'd love love love to put a deck around it just like this one, but sadly I do not have the space..... I am planning to put a Hayward thru the wall skimmer into mine also...So this is an excellent reference.... I've got about 6-7 more months before my summer hits, so I can take my time.. :)

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I remember this build. Wonder how much was finished?

So excited to see another successful "in ground" Intex build. We just nicely finished our retaining wall today for our 12x22x52" (Bestway brand) pool, and off to get our concrete blocks for our supports tomorrow before starting the painstaking process of levelling. Although we initially dug a large enough hole (17 by 30), the guys who built our retaining wall left us pretty tight for space (only 16 by 25 1/2), so fingers crossed that once we get our supports up that we aren't too tight. For any of you that have done this "build" how much room did you leave around the perimeter to allow for the supports? I have been taking lots of pics every step of the way so once we have it completed (and figure out how to post them) I will add our pics as well :)

Piolin, I leveled the ground for my equipment pad. Then I put down a piece of the extruded insulation and topped that with paving /step stones.worked out great. I did it so there'd be no weeds and also because we have moles and just step stones on dirt shift when a mole burrows under them. This way I don't have to worry about either.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.