1st Pool Build - Freeport, TX

It is a REAL pool! I love all of the touches like the large tanning ledge and the corner steps.

It looks like they did good work on it!

What kind of fence will you have to use?

Kim
Thanks Kim! It definitely looks like a pool and is actually a little bit deeper than expected. I'm curious how much additional height the plaster/Wetedge will add to the bottom of the pool.

We are going with a white vinyl fence around the perimeter of the yard: 6' privacy along the front (street side) and side and 4' picket fence along the canal side. We're most likely going with a Katchakid safety fence for the main access point to the yard/pool underneath the house. I'm waiting for final quotes to start the fencing.

6' white vinyl privacy fence example.
6%20white%20vinyl%20fence_zpsvqdxg7da.jpg

4' white vinyl picket fence example.
4%20white%20vinyl%20fence_zpspt8xue2s.jpg

$$ fencing but oh so pretty! Good pick!

I don't think the plaster adds very much height to the pool. I am not sure though. Do you think it is too deep? NOW is the time you say something. Call your PB and ask.

Kim

$$ fencing but oh so pretty! Good pick!

I don't think the plaster adds very much height to the pool. I am not sure though. Do you think it is too deep? NOW is the time you say something. Call your PB and ask.

Kim
Yeah the initial fence quote we got is on the high side when compared to wood fencing but we like the look and ease of maintenance/care that the vinyl fencing provides. We budgeted for this additional cost.

My gf hasn't had a chance to stand in the pool yet but when we go down this weekend we'll see if it's too deep. If my rough measurements are correct it's about 4" to 5" deeper than expected. Not a big deal for me but more so for her. We'll definitely let the PB know if she thinks that is too deep.

I would still call to ask how many inches the plaster will add to the overall height of the pool so you can know for sure. It he says 1" you can put something that is 1" under her feet so she can really see just how deep it will be in the end.

Kim

Nice lot! I see you might have a boat slip. Now that is living. My inlaws live on the Guadalupe river just outside of San Antonio. I LOVE it! My kids love to go fishing every day when they are down there with their poppie.

I would still call to ask how many inches the plaster will add to the overall height of the pool so you can know for sure. It he says 1" you can put something that is 1" under her feet so she can really see just how deep it will be in the end.

Kim
Good advice. I'll give the PB a call to see how much the plaster/Wetedge will add to see if we're truly off on the depth. I will remeasure while standing inside the pool this weekend to get a more accurate measurement. Safe to assume that the waterline will be about half way up the skimmer intake?

- - - Updated - - -

Nice lot! I see you might have a boat slip. Now that is living. My inlaws live on the Guadalupe river just outside of San Antonio. I LOVE it! My kids love to go fishing every day when they are down there with their poppie.
Thanks ummgood but no boat for us. I don't want to maintain a pool and a boat while we're there on the weekends! I'm a casual fisher and will toss a line out in the canal every once in awhile but my dad loves coming down to fish on the weekends when he can.

Just about all of my neighbors have their own boats and slips. My neighbor next to the pool used his two lots to build 4 covered boat slips/lifts and a boat ramp that he rents out. He doesn't even live on my street. He's on Surfside Beach which is just over the 332 bridge.

Sorry for the lack of updates but it's been a little slow on the progress. Now that the electrician is done it should pick up again. Here we go...

Waterline tiles:

Spotter tiles for steps (they had to rearrange them around on the 2nd step):

Spotter tiles for end corner benches:

Plumbing and equipment installation inside garage:
Pool fill valve and pipe

Pipes going into garage

Equipment in the garage

Protect-a-Child safety net fence/gate installed:

Coping cantilever forms and rebar going in along with sand in preparation for the decking:

Cantilever coping cement poured and additional rebar started for the decking:

We also decided to cement a large garden bed because I got too tired pulling weeds on the weekends:

Next up is the vinyl fence installation around the yard which is supposed to start this week (I hope). Then the deck crew has to finish the rebar and deck cementing and plaster after that. Crossing fingers everything still gets done by end of the month!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Nice job! It HAS been a while! What did you decide on the depth of the deep end?

I like how you had them do the pretty on the steps.

Do you have a plan to waterproof the wall where the equipment is? What plans do you have when you have to work on the equipment? It will be wet............

Kim

Nice job! It HAS been a while! What did you decide on the depth of the deep end?

I like how you had them do the pretty on the steps.

Do you have a plan to waterproof the wall where the equipment is? What plans do you have when you have to work on the equipment? It will be wet............

Kim
Hey Kim,

We actually did not want the spotter tiles on the steps and were surprised to see them. We know they'll help with depth perception so we just left them in. The depth starts out at 3.5' from the steps down to 5' in the middle and back up to 4' on the other end. Once everything is installed I'll probably line the garage walls with plastic sheeting to help protect them.

Just wanted to say congrats to those Pearland Little League kids! Awesome job!!
Yes they did an amazing job this year! 3rd place at the LLWS is still unbelievable!

Since you bumped my old thread how about I provide some pics of the completed vinyl fence around the yard. This was the only thing that could be done with the recent rain storms. The PB is pouring the cement decking tomorrow and plaster hopefully the latter part of this week (weather permitting).

6' white vinyl privacy fence along the street side and side that borders the neighbor's boathouses.
fence01_zpsblll6v0t.jpg

4' white vinyl fence along the canal side.
fence02_zpsjguinw7d.jpg

4' white vinyl fence ends next to the house. This is where the Protect-a-Child fence starts.
fence03_zpspsrk1wjt.jpg

Lookin' good! When do you get plaster?

That's the $1 million question! Cement was supposed to be poured today for the decking but we got rained out. So hopefully cement will get poured this week and cured in time for plaster by end of this week or early next week. But we have chances of rain all through next week so it's up in the air (no pun intended) at this point.

Send some rain to Austin! I am getting tired of $200 water bills on my lawn. I love your fence! Reminds me of pleasantville. Are there any evil HOA presidents around somewhere?
Yeah the fence came out exactly how we wanted it. Luckily the HOA was dissolved many years ago and we only had to deal with the City for a simple fence permit.

Now if only the rain would quit so the PB can continue!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.