Terre Haute indiana
Pool Size
Surface
Vinyl
Chlorine
Salt Water Generator
SWG Type
CircuPool RJ-60
Fc 17, cc 0, cya 40, ph7.4 ta 120. Passed oclt this morning pool is very clear, lowered ph to 7 to bring down ta ,I now aration to bring the pH back up, and I see I have to bring cya up to 70,why does cya have to be so high, sure I missed the reason in pool school

The higher CYA ppm for salt pools increases the protection of the FC from the sun with the goal of prolonging the life of your expensive SWCG cell. With your CYA currently at 40ppm you could monitor your FC loss and cell output then easily raise your CYA by 10ppm and after a week or two evaluate any increased efficiency. SWCG owners living in areas of intense sunlight and high water temps report significant results from CYA ppm at 70+. My sweet spot is 60ppm and I work it up slowly beginning each spring to target peak season in July.

Reactions: Mdragger88
Fc 17, cc 0, cya 40, ph7.4 ta 120. Passed oclt this morning pool is very clear, lowered ph to 7 to bring down ta ,I now aration to bring the pH back up, and I see I have to bring cya up to 70,why does cya have to be so high, sure I missed the reason in pool school
The higher cya provides more protection for the chlorine the cell produces since it is produced slowly over a long period of time. Similar to an iv drip 💧
Pretty much to prevent the sun from gobbling it up as fast as you make it.
It also means that you can usually run the swg less thus preserving the life of the cell so it’s 10k hours lasts longer in people years.

I have a e season gear salt 3050 digital tester and aquachek test strips along with the read out from the swg, all different results wondering if the taylor reagent test wouldn't give a more accurate reading

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.