1972 Inground Gunite Pool Remodel (Pictures)

Those found goodies are SO neat! Great find!

I am not sure I like the water features if they are really going to stay that color. It look yellow and really stands out. I think they should hang out to make it more waterfall like instead of waterwall. Not sure though.

Kim

Those found goodies are SO neat! Great find!

I am not sure I like the water features if they are really going to stay that color. It look yellow and really stands out. I think they should hang out to make it more waterfall like instead of waterwall. Not sure though.

Kim

The yellow is just the caps, keeping the spouts sealed until ready to use. They will remove those when they get ready to fire it up.

LOL. What in the heck is Burn Out? I thought it was something you try to do in a car or it was an overworked person.

Ok, here's another update. They have since re-splashed the Kooldeck. We went with a color called Burly Wood, which is a tannish /brown color. Was(is) darker when wet, but dries down lighter. I don't know if you can tell the color from the pictures below. Also the came and acid washed and got the pool ready to plaster. The had removed our old white ladder steps and replaced with gray to go better with the new gray plaster, also installed a new gray drain. Had to order an eyeball, for shallow end. I guess they didn't have the style they needed in the gray finish. Here are some pictures of the pool as is currently sits. Water to be added this afternoon.

After Acid wash

Here is what it looks like now

wow hahaha!

My pool was built in 1973 and the document cover is the exact same.

neat

I pulled out the pool folder that was left with the house when we bought it. Inside I found the owners manual for my pool. I thought it was pretty cool that it was still around after all these years. Here are a few snapshots of some of the pages, you can see the dated photos.....

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Looking good. I think the waterfalls will be fine when the yellow caps are removed. They need to stick out past the stone just a bit. The colors look great together and the pump was a great choice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OOOOOOOOOOOOOO! AWWWWWWWWWW! That is one pretty pool! I love it!

Adult word about the wiring! Just as you are adding water too! At least you have a couple of days before you have to run the pump.

Kim
Definitely adult word on the wiring!!! On top of that I almost had a disaster.... We have an easement and sewer line for the neighborhood that runs through my backyard. There is a manhole cover on the upper part of yard behind the rock wall of the pool. The city was here today and there was a sewer clog..... I talked to one of the workers because they were in my backyard looking in the manhole.... the manhole is about 15 feet deep.... he pointed out how far up the grease and rags (*yes that was what caused the clog) had come... They were within a foot or so of the top and overflowing into my yard and potentially my just plastered pool.... They fixed the clog, but the line only hooks up to 7 homes in the neighborhood. He suspected that an individual who has a food truck was dumping down the sewer..... Hence the mass of grease and rags.... thankfully they got it in time before I had a disaster!!!

Are they doing to talk to said food truck owner? Is there anything that you can do to prevent future problems with over spill into your yard or at least keep the yuck from your pool?

MAJOR adults words!

Kim
I imagine they will be saying something to the food truck owner. The guy had all kinds of horror stories about that type of thing happening, with restaurants, etc. As far as preventing that from happening and avoiding a spillover into my yard? IDK, its never happened since I've lived here and I'm not sure if it has ever happened before. They dug my whole back yard up a few years ago and replaced that line because it had a leak. That was a whole other mess....

Anyway, here are some pictures of some water in the pool. The fountains are not on because PB wants the spouts dry for when he comes back to paint them gray. He says he has some paint they use on things like that to make them blend in better. Also the pool is overfilled still because they are repaving my street right now (amazing how everything is happening at once, when nothing ever happens around here) and the pool pumpout goes to the street. PB came over just long enough to get pump wired in with new wiring so he could get some circulation in the pool. The rest of the equipment still needs to be rewired (heater, pool light, switches,etc.), also waiting on a whole new light fixture. The one you seeing laying on the edge of the pool had rust on it, and there were rust stains around it on the old plaster. PB said someone used some hardware other than stainless. Not taking any chances after spending so much on the remodel. I'll get some better pictures up when everything is up and running. Another thing, I didn't even think the pump was running, it's so quiet!!!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.