1971 In-ground, Forgotten no more.......

Well, I read that a little late and had already returned the sleeve. Oh well. I did pick up plenty of fabric though.

This last weekend I managed to get all the trench lined with the fabric, the pipe reset (holes down) , and get the clean stone in up to a few inches below the intended paver level with . Once the pavers are in, I plan on covering the the clean stone with some 2-3" river rock that will look a little nicer and extend under the fence to make trimming the grass a little easier.

My quarry process stone for the paver base is piled up in the driveway, so that's this weekend's plan.

I have a few pictures I'll post up later, but none of the finished product on Sunday. The weather wasn't cooperating, I was soaked and figured the camera wouldn't appreciate being out in it. I did however get to see my drain in action and know it works properly. So there was an upside to it. :mrgreen:

Thats great to get the confirmation it's working!!!

No worries on the sleeve; it would have been an extra layer of silt filtration but no big deal since you do have the cloth. I've seen it done all three ways; sleeve only, cloth only and both. My philosophy is to overkill when reasonably possible (usually $ limited of course) so don't stress about it.

Well at least it had a cover on it and the pump and filter look fairly new, so chances are the sludge is not too bad in the pool, I would not be surprised if you could get it cleared up in only 3 or 4 days of aggressive shocking and backwashing.

Ike

Been a little slow on the updates here, but I'm still working at it. All of the QP stone s in and compacted. I rented a skid steer to get excess soil graded out. It's starting to look like a backyard again without piles all over the place. About 3/4 of the fence is done. I want to get the pavers finalized and delivered before I go ahead and close in the last side of the fence. I'm hoping to take a day off next week and get the trench done for power my sub panel.

Moving along here. The local code inspector will accept the bond wire lop instead of a full copper grid :whoot: So that's done now and so is all the electrical conduit work around the pool. Now I'm just waiting on the inspector to check it so I can fill the trenches in and get my electrical finished.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
I may have missed it somewhere in this thread...but what do you do for a living? Your project seems to be a bit beyond the scope of a typical DIY'er. Looking forward to more pics...and an invite for the opening party! LOL. It's gonna be gorgeous...what beautiful scenery.

Thanks for the compliments!

My regular job is as and engineering tech. Basically I build prototyped of whatever the engineers in the office come up with. From filter systems to microscope parts.

On my own, I've rebuilt cars and a boat. So have a good background in the area of how things work.

This is my first try at a house/pool. I've found it to be like anything else with enough research beforehand and breaking it down to simple tasks it's really not too bad. Also remembering that no matter how hard it seems, it's always easier to do it right the first time.

Things are really starting to come together now. The electrical and bonding passed it's initial inspection. Over weekend I finished up the pool panel, patio outlets, and poured the slab for the pump and filter to sit on. The pump is wired up and new hard lines now connect everything to the existing the runs for the skimmer and return. I brought the mystery pipe to the pad and stubbed it up with a cap for now until I can figure out what it's for. It wasn't connected to anything, just sticking out of the ground near the old filter area. I'm going to guess either a main drain or a well line for removing water from under the pool. I found the return (could be more, can't see anything right now) in the pool wall and removed the winterizing plug, primed the pump and flipped the switch. After burping some mud and bubbles things started flowing nice and smooth. The strainer basket on the pump purged itself of air bubbles and stayed clear, so it looks like I'm leak free. :goodjob: Looks like it's time to stock up on bleach and get ready to attack this green monster. The pavers are getting delivered this week too. So I still have plenty to do

I need to add getting one of those fence posts for my electrical to my project list. The previous owners just put a stupid landscape timber in the ground and it looks terrible.

Enjoying the progress pics!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.