How to scoop out acorns at the bottom?

I got bombed by acorns before I closed. Kreepy Krauly would just scoot them out of the way, so I had to resort to get them with the hand vac. That did well. I would end up emptying the pump basket probably every 4-5 minutes, but that was better than chasing them with my net.

Leaf sucker isn't strong enough to pick them up.

I used a heavy duty leaf rake and it did it! I had tons of them but it was fairly easy. Most of them were down at the deep end by the bottom drain. Make sure you take'em all out. Last year I may have had a few left and I got tannic acid persistent yellow stains.

spishex said:
Good job getting them all out. They do leave nasty stains. A leaf rake is the only way to deal with nuts, IMO. Or a straitjacket...

In fighting them you use the principle of judo: Use the power of the oponent to your benefit. Since they are heavy and sink down and can roll, you use their inertia to roll'em into the rake. It's just a matter of gaining experience in the technique... I started to discover the entertaining side of it :party:

Water_man said:
In fighting them you use the principle of judo: Use the power of the oponent to your benefit. Since they are heavy and sink down and can roll, you use their inertia to roll'em into the rake. It's just a matter of gaining experience in the technique... I started to discover the entertaining side of it :party:

:-D It's definitely an art. Be careful or you'll start daydreaming about doing it competitively...

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.