16x32 radiant in Pennsylvania

We've put more water in and we're still about 5 inches off. Any advice @egghead2004?

Edited to add: We're draining it now to readjust the liner.

Ok hold up. You need to rig up a piece of plywood over the steps, seal it off and use tons of duct tape.
Then using a couple of vacuums suck the liner to the wall.

Give me a some time to post pics to show you.
I think this is in the step installation guide as well, some obscure but important step.

Ok hold up. You need to rig up a piece of plywood over the steps, seal it off and use tons of duct tape.
Then using a couple of vacuums suck the liner to the wall.

Give me a some time to post pics to show you.
I think this is in the step installation guide as well, some obscure but important step.

Ok. Take a look at this picture. You will need to lay a piece of plywood over the stairs. Attached to the front side of the plywood facing down is a 2x6 cut to the width of the top of the stairs. Tape that liner to the 2x6 as strong as possible and seal it. Then seal the entire top of the steps and plywood. Your goal is to make it air tight so you can pull a vacuum to suck the liner to the wall...and the bottom of the steps.
IMG_0919.jpg

Here is a view of the the top of the plywood, notice the duct tape strips holding the liner on n place. Also, I bought one of those air blowers from Home Depot to dry carpets.
This thing has a lot of suction. More on that later
IMG_0917.jpg

Ok. Take a look at this picture. You will need to lay a piece of plywood over the stairs. Attached to the front side of the plywood facing down is a 2x6 cut to the width of the top of the stairs. Tape that liner to the 2x6 as strong as possible and seal it. Then seal the entire top of the steps and plywood. Your goal is to make it air tight so you can pull a vacuum to suck the liner to the wall...and the bottom of the steps.
View attachment 68646

Here is a view of the the top of the plywood, notice the duct tape strips holding the liner on n place. Also, I bought one of those air blowers from Home Depot to dry carpets.
This thing has a lot of suction. More on that later
View attachment 68647

Next, suck it to the wall.
I had a 2 1/2 gallon bucket and 4 inch drain pipe, the cheap stuff. Cut a 4 inch hole in the bottom of the bucket. Using mason string and duct tape, seal the bucket to the suction side of the air blower. Insert the 4" pipe and seal that too. The using a 90" el, and another 4 feet of pipe, sneak it down behind the liner so it is about 6" above the cove. More tape, seal it. You can see this in the above picture.

Then I used my wet vac on the opposite side in the skimmer. Sneak the vacuum tube behind the liner again. See this picIMG_0918.jpg

Turn them both on and pul that liner to be wall and begin filling he pool.
Use warm water if possible so you can get in and stretch the liner with your feet.
You might have a 4" gap between the liner and the cove in a couple areas, but keep the vacs running and the hose flowing.

Fill it until you get close to the bottom of the steps, the. You should be able to install the strips on the bottom and sides of the steps.

Next, suck it to the wall.
I had a 2 1/2 gallon bucket and 4 inch drain pipe, the cheap stuff. Cut a 4 inch hole in the bottom of the bucket. Using mason string and duct tape, seal the bucket to the suction side of the air blower. Insert the 4" pipe and seal that too. The using a 90" el, and another 4 feet of pipe, sneak it down behind the liner so it is about 6" above the cove. More tape, seal it. You can see this in the above picture.

Then I used my wet vac on the opposite side in the skimmer. Sneak the vacuum tube behind the liner again. See this picView attachment 68651

Turn them both on and pul that liner to be wall and begin filling he pool.
Use warm water if possible so you can get in and stretch the liner with your feet.
You might have a 4" gap between the liner and the cove in a couple areas, but keep the vacs running and the hose flowing.

Fill it until you get close to the bottom of the steps, the. You should be able to install the strips on the bottom and sides of the steps.

Once the water level is just below the steps, the liner should have stretched out to the cove.
Remove the vacuums and tuck the liner back into place where the suction pipes were. Leave the plywood and duct tape in place for the steps.
Then Install the 3 securing strips on the sides and bottom of the steps. Be slow and methodical, don't drop any sharp objects onto the liner.

Once all of the screws are in place, the liner is secure. Rip off the tape, remove the plywood, then cut the liner out of the step section.
It should look like this.
IMG_0920.jpg

Filler up!

Once the water level is just below the steps, the liner should have stretched out to the cove.
Remove the vacuums and tuck the liner back into place where the suction pipes were. Leave the plywood and duct tape in place for the steps.
Then Install the 3 securing strips on the sides and bottom of the steps. Be slow and methodical, don't drop any sharp objects onto the liner.

Once all of the screws are in place, the liner is secure. Rip off the tape, remove the plywood, then cut the liner out of the step section.
It should look like this.
View attachment 68662

Filler up!

How did things work out?

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.