15x34 New pool in Tampa Bay Florida

Well, I knew one day it would be over and now it is, here a few pics after the landscaping was done:

of0dip.jpg

2j4q8zm.jpg

2cfpti.jpg

qss0nc.jpg

1z3rxw8.jpg

2zyg6lj.jpg

qo7ep3.jpg

20kehk7.jpg

rr70w4.jpg

As soon as I have a chance, I will take pictures at night to show the solar powered pavers :party:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
thejetsunss said:
Looks great. I am considering Anchor Pools, but I am concerned about the time it took for them to complete your pool. Any other feedback you can provide regarding your experience with them? Their pricing is the lowest...

Honestly speaking, Larry Varner (the owner) seems to be a honest and good guy, however I think his wife running the business only damages the outcome. Most of the other people that worked with them mentioned the same and even some of his own subcontractors.
In my case, it looks like he ran out of money and couldn't pay his contractors, therefore the schedule was compromised.
Most of the people working here were subs and only 2 guys were his employees (The guys doing the coping/plumbing).

The guy doing the digging/level was good and the electrician as well (He did additional work for me), but the concrete guy was really bad (he damaged my curbing on the flowerbed) and the paver guy (Larry Couch) was really full of attitude. I have pavers coming off the place that I decided to have somebody else to fix, because I don't want to see anybody from Couch Brick Pavers on my property.

If you have a candid conversation with Larry Varner and explain some of your concerns, maybe could be worth IF you have everything agreed on paper, otherwise, save the problems and find somebody else.
Again, I like Larry Varner but don't wish to anybody to go thru what I had to go.

The latest that I heard from some of his contractors, was that after the bad experience that I had (and my neighbor as well), they started to get better and finish the projects closer to the date that they promised. I think Pasco County started to notice what was going on and they got some "heat".

Please let us know what you decide to do.

Shaf77 said:
Looks great!!

Did you build the bbq island on the patio stones or a concrete pad?

Before the pavers were installed, I had the electrical and plumbing done for the kitchen.
After we passed inspections, another company installed the kitchen over the pavers. It is an aluminum frame that they built at their facility and just installed like an appliance. It is not bolted to the pavers and I can move around if needed.

akaCarioca said:
thejetsunss said:
Looks great. I am considering Anchor Pools, but I am concerned about the time it took for them to complete your pool. Any other feedback you can provide regarding your experience with them? Their pricing is the lowest...

Honestly speaking, Larry Varner (the owner) seems to be a honest and good guy, however I think his wife running the business only damages the outcome. Most of the other people that worked with them mentioned the same and even some of his own subcontractors.
In my case, it looks like he ran out of money and couldn't pay his contractors, therefore the schedule was compromised.
Most of the people working here were subs and only 2 guys were his employees (The guys doing the coping/plumbing).

The guy doing the digging/level was good and the electrician as well (He did additional work for me), but the concrete guy was really bad (he damaged my curbing on the flowerbed) and the paver guy (Larry Couch) was really full of attitude. I have pavers coming off the place that I decided to have somebody else to fix, because I don't want to see anybody from Couch Brick Pavers on my property.

If you have a candid conversation with Larry Varner and explain some of your concerns, maybe could be worth IF you have everything agreed on paper, otherwise, save the problems and find somebody else.
Again, I like Larry Varner but don't wish to anybody to go thru what I had to go.

The latest that I heard from some of his contractors, was that after the bad experience that I had (and my neighbor as well), they started to get better and finish the projects closer to the date that they promised. I think Pasco County started to notice what was going on and they got some "heat".

Please let us know what you decide to do.

Thanks so much for the info! I will be sure to post pics/updates once we get going on this! (Little nervous, I must say.)

akaCarioca said:
So, are you settled with Anchor Pools?

No, not settled. I have 3 finalists that I am doing final due diligence before deciding - Anchor, Natural Springs, Tampa Bay Pools. I do plan on asking Anchor about the issues you bring up, and I also intend to have the builder commit financially to a completion date (hopefully!) If you have any additional info you want to share directly, please feel free to msg me. I also have not seen any discussions on TBP on this forum.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.