Become a TFP Supporter Welcome to our new server and new forum software. Pool School

Thread: Does Muriatic Acid Go Bad?

Does Muriatic Acid Go Bad?

I have an old partially used of muriatic acid (maybe ten years old). Is there anything wrong with using this to lower pH/TA?

Thanks!
    Scott

27'x52" AG Vogue Impact, Waterway Cyclone 200 cartridge filter, Waterway pump w/2 HP 2-sp motor, 8mil solar cover, Raypak 206 nat gas heater, Pool Rover Jr.

According to the MSDS, shelf life is unlimited on tightly closed containers.

Use it up!
    7000 gallon IG freeform w/ 6 ft. spa, 21 ft weeping wall, Hayward SP4020NS Northstar pump, Colorlogic LED’s, DE6020 filter and H400IDL2 400,000btu heater. Aqua logic 8 zone controller with Aqua Rite salt chlorine generator, Stonescapes pebble finish – Aqua Blue and flagstone coping, stamped/stained concrete deck

Thank you much!
    Scott

27'x52" AG Vogue Impact, Waterway Cyclone 200 cartridge filter, Waterway pump w/2 HP 2-sp motor, 8mil solar cover, Raypak 206 nat gas heater, Pool Rover Jr.

I recently found 2 jugs in my storage area that I had placed there and forgotten 2 or 3 years ago. I simply opened them carefully as to not allow any built up fumes to hit me in the face and then proceeded to pour a few drops of each jug on an out of the way piece of concrete walk. The instant reaction of the acid on the concrete convinced me it was still good. I used the acid to adjust my Ph with accurate results.
    20 x 40 Clayton & Lambert Stainless Steel Wall and Concrete bottom Epoxy painted 40,000 gallons
    PentAir Triton II Sand Filter
    PentAir Challenger 1.5 HP Circulating Pump
    Pulsafeeder Mec-O-Matic VSP 20 Variable Speed Peristaltic Metering Pump (Chlorinator)
    Hayward H Series Natural Gas Heater