Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Does Muriatic Acid Go Bad?

1. Back To Top    #1

Does Muriatic Acid Go Bad?

I have an old partially used of muriatic acid (maybe ten years old). Is there anything wrong with using this to lower pH/TA?

Thanks!
    Scott

27'x52" AG Vogue Impact, Waterway Cyclone 200 cartridge filter, Waterway pump w/2 HP 2-sp motor, 8mil solar cover, Raypak 206 nat gas heater, Pool Rover Jr.

2. Back To Top    #2

According to the MSDS, shelf life is unlimited on tightly closed containers.

Use it up!
    7000 gallon IG freeform w/ 6 ft. spa, 21 ft weeping wall, Hayward SP4020NS Northstar pump, Colorlogic LED’s, DE6020 filter and H400IDL2 400,000btu heater. Aqua logic 8 zone controller with Aqua Rite salt chlorine generator, Stonescapes pebble finish – Aqua Blue and flagstone coping, stamped/stained concrete deck

3. Back To Top    #3

Thank you much!
    Scott

27'x52" AG Vogue Impact, Waterway Cyclone 200 cartridge filter, Waterway pump w/2 HP 2-sp motor, 8mil solar cover, Raypak 206 nat gas heater, Pool Rover Jr.

4. Back To Top    #4
    I recently found 2 jugs in my storage area that I had placed there and forgotten 2 or 3 years ago. I simply opened them carefully as to not allow any built up fumes to hit me in the face and then proceeded to pour a few drops of each jug on an out of the way piece of concrete walk. The instant reaction of the acid on the concrete convinced me it was still good. I used the acid to adjust my Ph with accurate results.
    20 x 40 Clayton & Lambert Stainless Steel Wall and Concrete bottom Epoxy painted 40,000 gallons
    PentAir Triton II Sand Filter
    PentAir Challenger 1.5 HP Circulating Pump
    Pulsafeeder Mec-O-Matic VSP 20 Variable Speed Peristaltic Metering Pump (Chlorinator)
    Hayward H Series Natural Gas Heater

5. Back To Top    #5

Re: Does Muriatic Acid Go Bad?

A 10 year old thread comes through. Found some MA in my shed. From this, sounds like it's still good!
    30,000 IG Vinyl pool, Hayward Aqualite SWG, Sand filter, Pentair Superflow VS Variable Speed pump. K-2006 test kit. Pool built in mid 90's. Polaris Auto cleaner