14" Sand Pump not working right

Well I'm about to loose my mind or what little bit I Have. We have spent yet ANOTHER day working on this pump. Came out to vacuum this afternoon and there was very little suction and very little water coming out the backwash. Took everything apart again, drained the tank and reconnected. Very low output. Turned it to recirculate and it throws great. We are so frustrated and fed up. Everything worked great when we set it up at the beginning if the year. Pool was so clean, hardly had to vacuum, skimmer kept all the leaves and debris out of the pool. We were amazed...now not so much. Do I need to just call a pool service and have someone come look at?? We have spent WAY more time working on the sand filter than we ever did on the cartridge filter....not the way I want to spend the rest of my summer....

The intex pumps have a 2 year warranty. If you have absolutely ruled out an issue with your skimmer or plumbing, I would ask intex for a replacement. If you are outside the warranty period I'd say you've gotten your money's worth as cheap as these pumps are to purchase and buy a new one. These are priced to be replaced not so much serviced. At least not at the price service costs around here.

The intex pumps have a 2 year warranty. If you have absolutely ruled out an issue with your skimmer or plumbing, I would ask intex for a replacement. If you are outside the warranty period I'd say you've gotten your money's worth as cheap as these pumps are to purchase and buy a new one. These are priced to be replaced not so much serviced. At least not at the price service costs around here.

That's my first call in the morning. It's brand new...we bought it new at the beginning of the year. It's not even three months old yet.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.