Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Pepper Spray

1. Back To Top    #1

Pepper Spray

Anyone know where a guy can get some pepper spray (and no I will not go break the law just to have the cops "give" me some pepper spray ) I am looking for a place that would be local and not have to order it.
    27' Round AG, 17,200 gallons, sand filter

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Pepper Spray

Poolidiot,
    Where is the nearest Academy Sports to you?
    18' AG Pool, 6900 gallons, 55 sq. ft. Hayward Easy Clear Cartridge Filter, 1hp Power Flow LX Pump, North Texas

3. Back To Top    #3

We have an Academy here, they sell it?

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Poolidiot
    Anyone know where a guy can get some pepper spray (and no I will not go break the law just to have the cops "give" me some pepper spray ) I am looking for a place that would be local and not have to order it.

According to their website, they have a "Pepper spray gun", but I'd feel sure they'd have others as well.

Of course, there's always the cops....
    24' x 52" AGP - approx 13,500 gallons
    Pentair Optiflo 1 hp/2sp pump w/ Swimpro Voyager 150 sq ft cartridge filter
    Intex 8110 SWCG
    "Fear the Schnauz!"

5. Back To Top    #5

Ahhh, pepper spray the ducks, eh? Good idea, but what will that do to your water chemistry???
    20K gal IG plaster pool, Manually chlorinated with 6% bleach, 1.5 HP Sta-Rite Dura-Glas II pump, Pentair FNS Plus 48 DE filter, Polaris 280

6. Back To Top    #6

Yes, you can legally buy pepper spray at Academy.
    18' AG Pool, 6900 gallons, 55 sq. ft. Hayward Easy Clear Cartridge Filter, 1hp Power Flow LX Pump, North Texas

7. Back To Top    #7

I think outdoor sporting stores have pepper spray, it is marketed as bear repellent. it comes in a big can and shoots about 30 feet.

Trying to get your neighbors out of your pool?
    Gary
    21k gal SW, IG Gunite PebbleSheen, 1HP Jandy, Jandy 340 filter, Polaris 280, 17' fiberglass slide w/ 2HP pump.

8. Back To Top    #8

Quote Originally Posted by crabboy
    I think outdoor sporting stores have pepper spray, it is marketed as bear repellent. it comes in a big can and shoots about 30 feet.

That's how you can tell Grizzly bear spoor from black bear...it smells like pepper spray...
    24' x 52" AGP - approx 13,500 gallons
    Pentair Optiflo 1 hp/2sp pump w/ Swimpro Voyager 150 sq ft cartridge filter
    Intex 8110 SWCG
    "Fear the Schnauz!"

9. Back To Top    #9

I know you said you didnt want to order it, but for future reference if anyone searches, you can get a good deal on it at www.cheaperthandirt.com
    18' Round ABG (8000 gallon)
    Hayward X-Stream Cartridge Filter
    1.5hp Hayward PowerFlo Matrix Pump
    80 sq. ft. solar panels
    Goldline automated solar controller

10. Back To Top    #10

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfmarsh
    I know you said you didnt want to order it, but for future reference if anyone searches, you can get a good deal on it at http://www.cheaperthandirt.com
    Wolfmarsh, thanks for the link, Not enough time to order but will keep the link for future need.

Quote Originally Posted by crabboy

Naaaa, I am a friendly neighbor Wife and kids are going on a LONGGGGGG road trip, just wanted to get her some to carry with her.

11. Back To Top    #11

Just remember that pepper spray is in a pressurized container. Only seen it once, but a can of pepper spray exploding inside a car that got too hot is not a fun experience....
    11k gal IG, fiberglass, sand filter

12. Back To Top    #12

Quote Originally Posted by Flipper
    Just remember that pepper spray is in a pressurized container. Only seen it once, but a can of pepper spray exploding inside a car that got too hot is not a fun experience....
    The ones from Academy come on a keychain link, that way it is not left in a hot car and is in hand as you walk to the car. One more dang thing on the keychain, it's gonna ruin the ignition switch eventually, I know.

I prefer the one with the hard orange plastic case; easy to find in my purse. It has a nice shaped grip so I can get my hand on it without really looking and know that it is facing the right direction. It has a hard cover underwhich you put your thumb, so all that junk in the purse is not going to set it off accidently. Very easy to have it in hand, engaged, but keep it out of sight inside the purse or pocket.
    23,000 gallon in ground pool with rock waterfall and spillover spa, Aqualink control system, Polaris 380 cleaner, Purex Triton Clean&Clear Plus cartridge filter. Located in The Woodlands, Texas.

Pool owner since Nov 2008, Trouble Free since April 2009. Happy to help when I can.

13. Back To Top    #13

Pepper sprayed a possum that got in the house one evening. That was a mistake. He didn't seem to care about it. We sure did though and ended up having to leave the house for about four hours until the air was clear. I guess he made it out while we were gone since we never could find him after that. Possum 1...humans -3

14. Back To Top    #14

Quote Originally Posted by 257WbyMag
    Pepper sprayed a possum that got in the house one evening. That was a mistake. He didn't seem to care about it. We sure did though and ended up having to leave the house for about four hours until the air was clear. I guess he made it out while we were gone since we never could find him after that. Possum 1...humans -3
    Dude next time try the pellet gun!
    "There he is honey! Right in front of the hutch with mama's china..."
    20K gal IG plaster pool, Manually chlorinated with 6% bleach, 1.5 HP Sta-Rite Dura-Glas II pump, Pentair FNS Plus 48 DE filter, Polaris 280

15. Back To Top    #15

Naaaa, I am a friendly neighbor Wife and kids are going on a LONGGGGGG road trip, just wanted to get her some to carry with her.
    FYI: Some states (MA & NY off hand and maybe some cities) require a permit to carry pepper spray.
    20,000 Gallon kidney sort of a sand filtered gunite in ground pool w/ hot tub.

16. Back To Top    #16

Quote Originally Posted by Grape Ape
    FYI: Some states (MA & NY off hand and maybe some cities) require a permit to carry pepper spray.
    Well that kind of sucks, NY is where they are at.