issues with pool winter cover

I always suggest you provide slack in the cover (like 1') on each side in the water. If you lower the water, this has to be taken into account. You will need a 30' round cover.

Probability is that the tear is because the cover is tight against some object on the frame of the pool. I have a corner (concrete) on my pool (few of them) and provide enough slack and the cover has not ripped after the 3rd season. The cover was $100 for a 25' * 50'. My pool is 17' * 33'. I oversized the cover so there is plenty of slack and it appears this is the solution.

so a cover for a 30ft pool your suggesting?

It depends. You have to go the areas in question and try to determine what caused the cover to tear. If because of a sharp object or corner, etc., then yes, providing slack will work. Too tight of a cover pulls and stretches the material sometimes causing a tear. Any slack in an area where the cover can weaken should help.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.