Low psi - clogged skimmer line?

Oct 26, 2016
dallas
Hello! Leaves falling in pool. I have two skimmers. Noticed the basket was tilted in one skimmer and only assume some leaves got caught in the line because my PSI dropped to about 5 a few days ago. Now I'm only getting suction when I turn off the main drain and other skimmer. Not sure what's going on, but my pressure gauge is 0. Maybe the gauge is bad, but what could cause no suctions at the skimmers and what else can I do to fix? The filter at the pump is cleaned out.

Welcome to TFP!

It sounds like you may be on the right track. You may be able to dislodge it by running the pump such that you do get flow and then opening and closing the valve to the other lines. If that doesn't work, you may be able to run water back through the clogged line by putting a garden hose in the pump end of the pipe and sealing it off with a rag or towel.

Welcome to the forum. :wave:

Also a less likely possibility is leaves/debris caught in the impeller. I would inspect from impeller to skimmer and then figure a way to blow the line in between like johnT says.

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.