12V Pentair Intellibrite 5G light Controller Wiring trouble

I just had my Pentair Color 12V LED light installed. Powered it up and everything works fine. The light itself has 3 wires, Green-Black-White. We bought a controller and on the controller it has 3 wires (black-red-white) also it has to be wired 120v.

I ran the light to a 120v to 12v transformer, which has four wires (black-white-blue-yellow) and a ground on the left side. On the right side the transformer has 2 more black low voltage wires.

I tied I. The controller according to the back on the device.
Black (Hot)
White (Neutral)
Red (Load)

I capped the blue and yellow wires, figured I didn’t need them.
Ran black to black and white to white. Only problem it that I haven’t the clue where to add the RED wire. I figure that since it’s a load the it would have to tie I to the 12v side so I added it to one of the low voltage wires going to the light. Everything comes on but it’s not controlling the light. The light stays on and will not turn off. Also I can’t change colors. Any and all help it appreciated.
Thanks in advance
Thomas

Thomas,

You will need to tell us the P/N, model, or manufacturer of the transformer...

The transformers that I am familiar with all have two black 120 volt input leads and two or more colored low voltage output leads.. The multiple output leads let you select 12, 13, 14 VAC...

Yours may be different, but without knowing what transformer you have, it will be difficult to answer your questions..

Thanks,

Jim R.

Thanks For replying. The model is Intermatic Px300
Thomas,

You will need to tell us the P/N, model, or manufacturer of the transformer...

The transformers that I am familiar with all have two black 120 volt input leads and two or more colored low voltage output leads.. The multiple output leads let you select 12, 13, 14 VAC...

Yours may be different, but without knowing what transformer you have, it will be difficult to answer your questions..

Thanks,

Jim R.

T,

Ok, I think I see the issue...

The black hot 120 volts input gets connected to the black wire on the controller and no where else...

The Red wire from the controller, gets connected to the black wire on the transformer.. (This is the black wire that is with the Yellow and Blue that are capped off.)

The whole point of the controller is that it needs to be able to turn the 120 volts going to the transformer on/off to control the lights.. You have constant power to the transformer, so the lights can't change.

Thanks,

Jim R.

Tried with no success.
T,

Ok, I think I see the issue...

The black hot 120 volts input gets connected to the black wire on the controller and no where else...

The Red wire from the controller, gets connected to the black wire on the transformer.. (This is the black wire that is with the Yellow and Blue that are capped off.)

The whole point of the controller is that it needs to be able to turn the 120 volts going to the transformer on/off to control the lights.. You have constant power to the transformer, so the lights can't change.

Thanks,

Jim R.

You may blown the fuse inside the controller..

Check to make sure the black wire going into the controller has 120 volts on it.

Check to make sure the red wire coming out of the controller has 120 volts on it when the power button on the controller is pushed.

Is the power button lite up???

I can't make heads or tail of your pics because they are so close you can't see how all the wires are connected.

Thanks,
Jim R.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.