Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Rubber ducky says time is running out!

1. Back To Top    #1

Rubber ducky says time is running out!

Water temp falling... what is yours today?IMG_0379.jpg
    Kelly, Tampa FL
    15' by 4' Intex above ground metal frame, about 5300 gallons
    Intex 120V Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump & Saltwater System CG-28679 with E.C.O.
    TF100 Kit and Speedstir
    Intex Auto Cleaner - works great!

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Rubber ducky says time is running out!

75F...too cold for me but the kids will still swim.
    Matt
    16k IG PebbleTec pool, 650gal spa, spillway and waterfall, 3HP IntelliFlo VS / 1.5HP WhisperFlo, Pentair QuadDE-100 filter, IC40 SWCG, MasterTemp 400k BTU/hr NG heater, KreepyKrauly suction-side cleaner, EasyTouch controls, city water, K-1001, K-2006 and K-1766 test kits, Mannitol test for borates

3. Back To Top    #3

Mine is 68. Ready to close it up if the temp would drop a little more.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk
    18x36 inground / 28k gal / Phanton vinyl liner (replaced in 2009) / Hayward Pro Series sand filter / Hayward 1hp pool pump / Hayward 3/4hp booster pump

4. Back To Top    #4

Took my pool down this week. Too much shade. Couldn't get it above 73.

Sent from my XT1254 using Tapatalk
    6500 gallon SummerWaves AGP. Taylor k-2006, skimmer/pump all in one included with the pool. City water

5. Back To Top    #5

My water got up to a max of 81 yesterday in the Orlando area. Spent two hours pseudo-closing (since we don't really close pools here). Cleaned the filter, rinsed off the SWG, added some salt, let the dolphin out for a little post hurricane run. I was surprised how much salt and CYA dropped since I lowered the water seven inches for Mathew. Added those back in. It was a good day.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    ----
    15' x 29' 10,300 gal w/ spa, IG-Plaster (Stonescapes Tropics Blue), 2spd WhisperFlo pump (1.5hp WFDS-26), Pentair Clean and Clear CC200 cartridge filter, Pentair MasterTemp 300BTU heater, Clear o3, RS-8 iAqualink

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

61F yesterday, if the trend continues I will close this weekend.
    Dom - TFP Guide
    Intex 18' X 48" Ultra Frame AGP 6700 gallons | Hayward Pro Series 21" Sandfilter | Hayward 1.5HP Power Flo Matrix pump | Hayward Thru-wall Skimmer | Wanda the Whale | 72 sq ft of Sungrabber Solar Panels | Taylor K2006 Test Kit, Sample Sizer & Speed Stir | Click Here To Become a TFP Supporter!

7. Back To Top    #7

Closing tomorrow
    IG Tear Drop, Dark Gray Gunite , 27,000 gallons -Age 50+-years, very old Hayward Split Egg Sand Filter with side mount Multi-port- Hayward SP2600VSP Pump- Hayward chlorine feed (not used since finding TFP) - Laars 315K BTU Oil heater- LoopLoc Safety cover- AquaBot RAPIDS 4WD- TF-100 Test Kit w/ Speedstir

8. Back To Top    #8

Swimming at 75 degrees? Pretty sure the shock would kill me!
    Kelly, Tampa FL
    Intex 120V Krystal Clear Sand Filter Pump & Saltwater System CG-28679 with E.C.O.
    TF100 Kit and Speedstir

9. Back To Top    #9

Over the weekend, the water was just a hair above 70*, that's up from the 66* it had been last week. That's a little cold for me, lol, but the kids were still asking to go in. The one in orange stepped in onto the top of the stairs and I could see him think twice, but he jumped right in! They swam for a half hour while I watched with a coat on. It was 59* out!

Aqua Leader Elegance AGP 15'x30'x 54", 12k gallons, vinyl J-hook liner ... Hayward/SwimPro Voyager pump SW159412STL, 2hp, 2spd, Hayward/Voyager 175sf element filter SW175MDDVPAKS ... Liquid Chlorine... Baracuda 1500 vac, Installed August 2016 ....CYA/Chlorine Chart...Recommended Levels... Basic Care Schedule...Extended-Test-Kit-Directions

10. Back To Top    #10

about 75 here in AZ, We have stopped swimming but might pick it back up this week with temps in the mid 90s again.

however no plans to close our pool for the winter
    10k gal, IG Plaster, 3/4HP WhisperFlo pump, A.0 Smith Centurion single speed motor, Pentair TritonII sand filter, TF100 test kit, Hayward suction cleaner, City well water

11. Back To Top    #11

61 yesterday while draining down from the rains over the weekend.
    16x32 IG Vinyl, 13,000 Gals. Hayward S-244T sand filter, SP2810X15 pump
    (1.5 HP motor) Jandy Lite2 LJ250N gas heater. TF-100 Test Kit.

12. Back To Top    #12

TFP Guide

Does not the thermometer state 84*, not 75*? Maybe I am missing something. My pool was closed last week in September (tired of cleaning all the leaves) and water was real cold.
    14,700 gallons IG Pool Vinyl Liner - Octal Circulation System
    Hayward Pro-Series 350 LB. Sand Filter Model # S270T - 2" Plumping
    Frog Mineralizer System (EMPTY) - Hayward Super Pump 2 HP Model # k48m2n111
    Pool Company tests water (NO LONGER) TF-100 TEST KIT
    Date of Build is 11-2013

13. Back To Top    #13

A lovely 29deg C (83F) water temp over here in Perth, Western Australia. Spring has finally sprung with the outside temp expected to be 31deg C (88F) tomorrow. Woop Woop. Its swimming time.

30K LT BRP fibreglass pool, Astral ZX150 cartridge filter, Astral EVO320 varible speed pump, Astral Viron Ai EQ3 SWG, Astral 9KW BPA400 heat pump, Dolphin DB1 robotic cleaner
    30K lt (8000gal) BRP fiberglass IG pool, Astral (Hurlcon) Viron EQ3 Ai SWG, Astral (Hurlcon) EVO320 variable spd pump, Astral (Hurlcon) ZX150 cartridge filter, Astral (Hurlcon) 9kw BPA400 heat pump, LED lighting, Dolphin DB1 robotic cleaner, Taylor K-6000C test kit, Daisy A75 roller + 8 series cover, spa jets.

14. Back To Top    #14

67 here. Will be closing end of this week after I finish cleaning up from the mess Matthew made. Summer went by too fast!
    20k IG vinyl liner/Aqua Rite SWCG, T-15 cell/Hayward Pro Grid 6020 DE filter/Polaris 280 with booster pump/Hayward Superpump 1 hp/city water/pool installed March 2004

15. Back To Top    #15

Water temp was 84 Degrees today. South Florida. Hurricane Matthew is gone ...time to start the awesome weather months!
    2006 IG 18.6K gal marcite saltwater w/integrated 800 gal spa, spillover, 2 Main and 2 Spa Drains, 2 Skimmers
    Goldline Aqua Logic PS-8, Aqua Pod Remote, Hayward GLX-Cell-15-W SWG, Hayward Pool Vac XL, Cartridge filter, single speed pump
    Taylor K-2006, Lamotte Borate Strips

16. Back To Top    #16

62F this morning. Cold front moved through over the weekend and we're expecting temps in the low forties tonight. Pulled the pump and filter off for good measure, will double check the forecast but likely will start the drain tomorrow. ☹️ Hard to believe I was swimming on Friday and they're warning of frost in areas near us...

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    Intex 12' x 30" "Starter" AGP ~ 1700gal, Intex 1050gph pump & 12" sand filter, (2) 200ft x 1/2" diy solar collector coils, BBB and TroubleFree!!!

17. Back To Top    #17

The pool is still at 84 thanks to the solar heat panels, the daytime highs have been in the upper 80's to low 90's with night time lows dipping into the 50's some nights, but still mostly in the 60's so warmer than average for this time of year, with no sign of the swim season coming to a close yet. Typically our last swim of the season is late October / early November when the solar heat can no longer keep the pool above 80 degrees. At this rate that may be early December this year.
    Indoor 20x40 35,000 gallon vinyl pool with 1.5 HP 2 speed Jandy FloPro pump, Hayward EC75 Perflex DE filter, 11 4x12 Techno-Solis solar panels w/ Aquasolar controller, Aquabot Turbo T Robot Cleaner. Also LMI metering chlorine dispenser pump and HotSpring Jetsetter
    I use and endorse TFtestKits TF-100 from http://tftestkits.net
    ~Remember TFP counts on your donations to keep this site ad free~

18. Back To Top    #18

Current: Air temp 55, water temp 82. Love "my" heater as well as the auto-cover keeping the heat in. A minor boost and we're golden for Indian Summer!
    27K IG rectangular; vinyl liner; sand filter; 1hp pump; auto-cover; heater; K-2006C.

19. Back To Top    #19

Water temp was 63 yesterday, I jumped in after a jog and got out fairly quickly.

But - with a forecast of 73 for next Saturday, we will fire up the heater for at least one more swim.

Like Marian, I absolutely LOVE my heater, this is our second season with it, and it is a total game changer.
    Dedicated TFPer since 2012 with recommended test kit
    Above ground, 30 foot round pool, 21,000 gallons
    Hayward 150 sq foot cartridge filter, 1HP Waterway pump
    Raypak 400K BTU NG Heater!
    Installed in 2006? (just a guess, pool came with house I purchased in June 2012)

20. Back To Top    #20

Quote Originally Posted by Catanzaro View Post
    Does not the thermometer state 84*, not 75*? Maybe I am missing something. My pool was closed last week in September (tired of cleaning all the leaves) and water was real cold.
    Yep, my thermometer says about 85 (and I was shivering)! My comment about 75 degrees was in response to someone else's post.

i don't close the pool. I just won't get in it until April or May!
    Kelly, Tampa FL
    TF100 Kit and Speedstir

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast