Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: pH testing: K-2006 vs Pentair / Poolmaster kits

1. Back To Top    #1

Dallas, TX

pH testing: K-2006 vs Pentair / Poolmaster kits

For the simple test of checking pH, are the red fluids in the Poolmaster and/or Pentair kits interchangeable with the K2006's R-0004?
    16,000 gallons in-ground, raised spa with spill-way, PebbleTec finish. Cartridge Filter M/N CV460, Main Pump; Jandy VSSHP270AUT variable speed ePump, Polaris PB4-60 cleaner pump, Jandy PLC1400 SWG

I still prefer our boat over the pool

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: pH testing: K-2006 vs Pentair / Poolmaster kits

I would say no, although Im not familiar with the Pentair kit. The 2006 kit requires a particular reagent because of its sample size, but its generally not good to interchange reagents with regard to pH tests. Better to wait until you have the proper reagent on hand.
    TFP Moderator
    Essential Links:
    TF-100 Test Kit, ABC's Of Pool Chemistry, Test Kits, SLAM Your Pool
    28K Gal IG FreeForm, CLI Quartz, Flagstone, 36"SF, Pentair VS Pump, EasyTouch W/Remote, Rheem 400KBTU Htr

3. Back To Top    #3
    Tucson, AZ

Re: pH testing: K-2006 vs Pentair / Poolmaster kits

Agree with Patrick. Even different Taylor kits use different pH reagents (because the strength is different for different vial sizes), so I would certainly not mix across brands.
    Jason, TFP Moderator
    18k IG pebblesheen pool, Hayward ProLogic P4 w/ T-15 SWG, Pentair 1HP 2-speed Superflo, Hayward 6020 DE filter
    500 sqft Heliocol solar panels, ThePoolCleaner, TF-100 test kit w/ SpeedStir
    Pool School + Test Kit + PoolMath = A TROUBLE FREE POOL
    If you found TFP helpful and we saved you money ... Become a TFP Supporter!