New Pool on the way.

Re: Questions for OP

Lana537 said:
Hi there OP,

Thanks for posting your photos--things are shaping up!

What brand of coping and waterline tile did you choose? I like the look, and I'm shopping around for my renovation. On my screen the color of the coping looks to be a pleasant dusty rose or pink--is that so?

I love your little mozaics. What kind of surface are you going to have installed?

Lana

Thanks Lana.

Coping is preformed concrete bull nose. color is "Chocolate"
waterline tile is a "Sand" color tile.
Ledger stone is just something that matches the Sand tiles.

I will have regular white plaster finish when finish.

Re: Questions for OP

I will have regular white plaster finish when finish.

I think your tiles together with white plaster will be very nice looking :goodjob:

I wonder if you had to reinforce that side of the pool that are placed against the street in any special way to compensate the little space you have to the sidewalk? From the pictures It looks like it's a dip to the sidewalk. Or maybe it's just the picture.

Very interesting to see a poolbuild on such small area! more pictures please!!

Henry Porter said:
wonder if you had to reinforce that side of the pool that are placed against the street in any special way to compensate the little space you have to the sidewalk? From the pictures It looks like it's a dip to the sidewalk. Or maybe it's just the picture.

It is considered to be a free standing pool. There is a small slope of the other side where the side walk is. Here is a enginneering drawing of the "key" it requires to pass code.

Attachments

• freestanding pool.jpg
    freestanding pool.jpg
    13 KB · Views: 830
Day 53 Deck Pour.

We have a flat back yard again.. :party:
Wet Concrete. Contractor say it will lighten up a lot to a sandy color.
I designed the Joint Lines when they were smoothing out the surface.

4032389049_43ed08d95f_b.jpg

Hello,

I love your pool and the glass wall. You have a great view! Someday we would like to install a glass wall.

Thanks for sharing your pictures and process. I'm learning so much from this site and it's nice to watch another SoCal pool being built.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
polyvue said:
fkong777 said:
Fence inspection PASSED! getting plaster and fill on Wed 12/16/09 if no rain !! Thats 6 months and 10 days since signing contract...
Congratulations... I hope your neighbors' kids live in glass houses. :mrgreen:

I just spit coffee all over my screen! :lol:

fkong! I can NOT wait to see your pool completed! I know you can't either but really! It looks awesome and I love that you chose the glass as a fence! :cool:

Great idea with the glass :goodjob: , this would be good to cut down on breeze and not such a good idea if it get too hot and you want some breeze :-D How will you be able to clean the outside of the glass????, I noticed that there is not room for a step ladder to reach over the glass :-D

Please keep the pics coming, I love the pool :cheers:

Brentr said:
... How will you be able to clean the outside of the glass????, I noticed that there is not room for a step ladder to reach over the glass :

Right. Cleaning was a problem. I tried a few different ways for hours and it still streaks. Rain-X made it worse to clean too. So the only way to clean without streaks is to get a professional window Squeegee and washer with a cotton shaggie sleeve. The other side can be clean with the tools attached to a extension pole.

I guess you could always have it replaced with screen after the pool is built and passes all inspections :goodjob:
Please keep the pics coming. I love your pool :whoot:

I really like the white plaster too! It's one of my fav's and give the water such a beautiful aqua color! :cool:

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.