Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Rookie mistake

1. Back To Top    #1

Rookie mistake

So a neighbor of mine asked me some advice about his pool, same size as mine, because it was turning green and smelling like a pond. So I gather up all my tools and science that you guys have taught me and had his pool cleaned balanced and chlorinated correctly in about 2 hours. Feeling proud of myself and sharing the knowledge you have shared I head home and give my pool a quick vacuuming that it was in need of, we live out in the country and get lots of debris floating in. A couple days later and I have a beautiful little algae bloom. I have taken care of it with a quick slam, brushing and vacuuming. My guess is I brought some of his original Green pool pond environment to my pool through my vacuum. Lesson learned? If you use any of your stuff in another body of water always thoroughly clean it with bleach. I might add that at the time this happened my chlorine levels were a little bit low because of a barbecue slash pool party.

16' x 48" Coleman Power Steel Frame AG. 6000 gal. Intex 633T 2500gph.

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Rookie mistake

Good advice! This goes for bathing suits and toys also.

I'm sure you had it cleared up in no time, eh?
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

3. Back To Top    #3

Re: Rookie mistake

Crystal clear!

16' x 48" Coleman Power Steel Frame AG. 6000 gal. Intex 633T 2500gph.