Become a TFP Supporter Pool Math Forum Rules Pool School

Thread: Can someone identify what this piece of equipment is? (and what it does)

1. Back To Top    #1

Can someone identify what this piece of equipment is? (and what it does)

Memphis, TN.
    Pool IG, 20K gallon, Gunite. Triton Sand filter, Pentair Pump, Polaris 280, Doheny Discovery Dolphin, Chlorinating Liquid, Rock Water Feature, New Plaster 2015
    Spa 450 gal, Tropic Seas Waikiki 864L, Bromine
    Taylor K-2006

2. Back To Top    #2

Re: Can someone identify what this piece of equipment is? (and what it does)

It looks like a trichlor puck holder to me.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

3. Back To Top    #3

Quote Originally Posted by Bigdog43 View Post
    Looks like a mineral sanitizer (I think), like the Nature2 system.
    Geebot
    Chicago, IL
    30K gal, InGround Plaster Finish, 3.5'-9.5', Maytronics S300 Cleaner

4. Back To Top    #4

Quote Originally Posted by Geebot View Post
    Looks like a mineral sanitizer (I think), like the Nature2 system.
    Yep, after googling, I believe you're right. I can make out the word "VISION" on the sticker but that's about it. I was thinking it said "VISIONE", but I think it's just "VISION PRO" with the PRO written horizontally.

So that's how the pool uses so little chlorine (the previous owner told me it was a "low chlorine" pool. Whatever mineral is being supplied through here is helping sanitize the water.
    Memphis, TN.
    Pool IG, 20K gallon, Gunite. Triton Sand filter, Pentair Pump, Polaris 280, Doheny Discovery Dolphin, Chlorinating Liquid, Rock Water Feature, New Plaster 2015
    Spa 450 gal, Tropic Seas Waikiki 864L, Bromine
    Taylor K-2006

5. Back To Top    #5

In the Industry

So that's how the pool uses so little chlorine (the previous owner told me it was a "low chlorine" pool. Whatever mineral is being supplied through here is helping sanitize the water.
    That is incorrect. I would start by reading "The ABC's of Pool Water Chemistry" up in Pool School, then reading about the various ways chlorine can be delivered to your pool. There is no "low chlorine" pool......nor is there any other chemical sanitizing your water except chlorine.
    Dave S.
    42k vinyl and concrete pool, 1.5hp pump, 140gpm filter
    TFTestkits , PoolMath , Pool School

6. Back To Top    #6

TFP Guide

This might give you an idea of that system. Zodiac Nature 2 Vision Pro - Useful or Useless?

IMHO, I'd empty it, leave it empty and start using bleach as a sanitizer.
    '70s IG Vinyl 32K gal, Lazy L, Hayward SuperPump 1.5hp 120V, S240 Sand Filter W/DE
    Solar Blanket, Well Water, Borax Added, TF-100 tester. ? too cold
    1979, 275gal Conway Emerald Spa P-100-2, ES-2 Spa Pack, bromine floater, indoor
    TF-100, Best test kit - TFTestkits.net
    Please help keep the lights on, become a TFP Supporter!

7. Back To Top    #7

I'd suggest taking a sample of water in to the local pool shop and asking them to test for metals. Nature2 mineral systems use copper &/or silver to augment the chlorine. We don't recommend using them and they can cause problems with pool staining, green hair and nails....and in one case a dog!
    My Amazon Smile for November12K Fiberglass IG, Infinity 4000 automatic cover, SWCG, Hayward Sand Filter, Hayward 1.5 Pump, Doheny Discovery Robot, Savi Melody LED pool lights, outdoor speakers and other assorted doo-dads. Sundance Altamar Hot Tub.
    Our pool build--> Our Pool Solved Our Sloping Yard Skippy's Cheap Pool Cooler -->Skippy's New Fountain

8. Back To Top    #8

TFP Guide

Usually we never direct someone to the pool store but in your case it would be good to get a reading on metals so you know where you are.
    '70s IG Vinyl 32K gal, Lazy L, Hayward SuperPump 1.5hp 120V, S240 Sand Filter W/DE
    Solar Blanket, Well Water, Borax Added, TF-100 tester. ? too cold
    1979, 275gal Conway Emerald Spa P-100-2, ES-2 Spa Pack, bromine floater, indoor
    TF-100, Best test kit - TFTestkits.net
    Please help keep the lights on, become a TFP Supporter!

9. Back To Top    #9

I can attest to this. My pool is brand new (less than 2 months new) and the PB installed a Pentair Rainbow 320 in-line chlorinator (3" Tri-Chlor Pucks) along with the Nature2 mineral sanitizer. Mine looks almost exactly like yours, but newer of course. The replacement Nature2 cartridges cost $75.00 at my local Leslie's pool store. They are required to be replaced every 6 months. I can buy over a year supply of liquid chlorine bleach for about the same cost and get rid of the 3" tri-chlor tabs saving me even more.

My PB sold me on this system as being a "low chlorine" system too. I was told that all I needed was 0.5ppm - 1.0ppm of free chlorine (FC) to operate the pool. After trying to keep the pool sanitized and setting my Rainbow in-line chlorine dispenser on a max setting of 5 to maintain that level of FC, I still could not keep the pool properly sanitized without adding about 1.5 lbs of Cal-Hypo (better known as Shock from the pool store) every time we used the pool. Eventually, my water went cloudy. This was about one week ago. I found this site, read all the great info in Pool School, learned how to use the Pool Math Calculator and got some help from veteran pool owners on the site that use the TFPC method. Today, my water is absolutely beautiful. Thread is here if you are interested.

If this were my pool equipment, I would remove the Vision Pro cartridge inside that tower if there is one for the reasons mentioned above. It introduces copper and silver into your water which could eventually precipitate out of your water and into your plaster. I have removed it on my pool even though the tower is still plumbed in-line and my pool is less than 2 months old. You'll save money and you'll be able to guarantee that your pool water is safe instead of relying on marketing hype.

Good luck with the pool. Hang around here a bit and you'll be up and running with a sparkling pool at the least cost possible in no time. The folks on this site truly do know what they are doing. I had 100% faith in every bit of advice I was given during my situation. There are countless other success stories on this site as well. The results speak for themselves.
    Installed 7/10/2016 : 18.3K gal. : IG Plaster : 3.5' - 6.5' : Integrated Spa
    Pentair WhisperFlo Pump, 1.5 HP : Century Centurion Booster Pump, 3/4 HP
    Pentair 420 sqft. Cartridge Filter : Pentair Inline Rainbow TriChlorinator
    Pentair EasyTouch Pool/Spa 8 : Pentair IC60 SWG : Pentair Intellibrite 5 Spa Lights x 2
    Pentair Kreepy Krawly Legend Pressure Side Cleaner : Taylor K-2006C Test Kit

10. Back To Top    #10

We actually have TWO green dogs! No pics though.
    TFP Moderator
    If TFP helped you or saved you money - Become a TFP Supporter! <--Click here
    2012 build and pics, 20k gal gunite, black onyx pebblesheen, OK flagstone, IntellifoVS, cart filter w/Pleatco, IC40 SWG, Solartouch, 5 12'x4' solar panels, HP50HA heat pump, 8mil solar cover, borates, TF-100 test kit, SONOS, Doheny's Discovery Robot, hot tub on bleach

11. Back To Top    #11

Probably this:

Zodiac Nature2 Inground Pool Professional G Sanitizer Vessel W25904