I made a pool logger

Status
Not open for further replies.
For anyone that is having problems accessing the site. I am sorry. I'm trying to resolve some issues with the web host that keeps making the site go down for short periods once a day. If I can't get this resolved I may end up sticking this on an Amazon EC2 instance so I don't have to worry. Hang tight.

Go register. It's open to anyone now! Poollogger.com
Thanks - just registered, already using PoolPal and looking to see how this compares. Noticed that when I put my current entry:

Results from poollogger.com

FC: 3.8
CC: 0
PH: 7.4
TA: 50
CH: 300
CYA: 50
Temp: 86
Salt: 3400

Clicking on FC shows:

[FONT=&quot]Your CYA level is way out of the recommended range. Cannot calculate FC recommendations.[/FONT]

My CYA is not way out of recommended range. I have a SWG system but have pool in enclosure. I try to keep a lower CYA due to the screen, I target to keep my CYA at 50 or 60. Perhaps you can add CYA as advanced setting input?

Just feedback, overall very nice looking.

Thanks for that. I am still playing with the FC and CYA calculations. For an SWG pool that is out of recommended range here but that why I am adding targets so if people's pools like different numbers you can enter those and it won't warn you. Don't worry. Coming soon!

Russel,

The graphs for the pH are still repeating values on the axis.

Having a bunch of fun playing with it.

Another option I would definitely need before making this my permanent logger would be a way to save everything down to either EXCEL format or comma delimited format. Though I know the website will be there for eternity (ahem!), there is always a possibility of the site getting hacked and losing all my entered data. I would like a way to save all the data I have input to a file all at once.

Another option I would definitely need before making this my permanent logger would be a way to save everything down to either EXCEL format or comma delimited format. Though I know the website will be there for eternity (ahem!), there is always a possibility of the site getting hacked and losing all my entered data. I would like a way to save all the data I have input to a file all at once.

I was just about to make this same exact request now that I have put in some historic data. You beat me to it by a few hours! lol :D

@ RussellC
Also, in the settings tab, Chemical Settings, there are two listings for Calcium Source. It appears from the drop down menu choices that the second one should be CYA.

Looking great so far.

- Dave -

@ RussellC
Also, in the settings tab, Chemical Settings, there are two listings for Calcium Source. It appears from the drop down menu choices that the second one should be CYA.

Looking great so far.

- Dave -

Thank you, changing it now.

- - - Updated - - -

This is such and awesome tool! Though I don't have a pool yet :cool:, I've bookmarked this to use for tracking and learning. If it proves useful, and I suspect it will, I'll be sure to drop a donation your way.

Thank you!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Also, for anyone wondering. Writing a lot of code behind the scenes right now so you will see a little delay in major updates. PH is done (and I needed that this weekend) but all the calculation stuff for FC, CYA, TA, Salt, etc is what I am working on now.

OK so FC functions are integrated. This one was tricky. If you add a target FC in the settings it will mostly ignore the Chlorine/CYA chart. You are flying solo! If you don't enter a target it will go off of the Chlorine/CYA chart as best as it can. I need to still expand on this but I haven't done the math yet on it.

For you people with an SWG it will still calculate bleach additions for if you go under your targets or min FC levels so put your percentage of bleach you have on hand in the settings.

Also, I added Dichlor, Trichlor and Cal Hypo if anyone needs it (bleh)

So, First go check your settings, then try it out.

I am sure I broke something (I can't try every setting) so go see if it works and compare to pool math or whatever pool calculator you use.

Russell,

Very nice additions. I had a divide by zero error when I first logged in since my settings were updated. Defaulting to 0 % bleach is what caused the error. Might want to change that default to 8.25%. I put in the actual bleach value and all is fixed.

Keep the greatness coming!

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.