Rookie in need of pool water balancing

plepo

Aug 10, 2016
philippines
HI TO ALL

This is my first time to seek advice in getting my pool water stabilized .The pool is located in the Philippines. Warm year around. My pool size is 16,000 gallon in ground using a cartridge filter.

USING RAINBOW MODEL TEST KIT

My chlorine 1.0 to 1.5

My PH 8.2

ACID DEMAND TEST took 3 drops to lower ph from high 8.2 level

TOTAL ALKALINITY is about 140

Right now my pool water looks slightly cloudy & green lite tint. I can see the pool bottom. I run the filter about 12 hours a day. 5 days ago water was very clear,my ph got away from me as I ran out acid & supplies are harder to locate in Philippines,thus this is where I'm at to day. Should I just add the acid to get ph & total alkalinity in order ? Or is there something else I'm missing ? I do vac 4 times a week,so there is no junk on pool bottom. Also my tiles on pool walls are staining alge color,i have tried brushing but no HELP in matter. I would like to get this pool in check and keep it in working condition year around,since we can use it 12 months a year. Any advice or tips would be help full !
THANK YOU

Would recommend that you read up in Pool School and other post regarding SLAM because that will be what is called for. A Pool School - SLAM - Shock Level And Maintain is in order to clear the green from the pool, but to do the SLAM you are going to need to get a test kit (or testing supplies) that include and those are not included in the common test kit.
-Chlorine FAS/DPD
-Cyanuric Acid (CYA)

In the US, we buy from TFTestKits.net and get the TF-100 or the Taylor K-2006 or Taylor K-2006C (has more reagent and that will come in handy doing a SLAM since you will test quite a bit) Pool School - Test Kits Compared

Maybe you can get one of the Taylor kits through Amazon.
Amazon.com : TAYLOR TECHNOLOGIES INC K-2006 TEST KIT COMP CHLORINE FAS-DPD : Swimming Pool Liquid Test Kits : Patio, Lawn Garden
Amazon.com : Taylor Service Complete Pool Water Test Kit K-2006C : Swimming Pool Liquid Test Kits : Patio, Lawn Garden

In regard to the PH and Total Alkalinity. Don't worry about the TA right now. For PH, you need to get it to a range of 7.2 to 7.8. Before doing a SLAM, you will want to get it to about 7.2

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.