Advice for backyard slope/leveling backyard around new pool

Jul 30, 2016
Kalamazoo, MI
Hello,
I am new to the pool thing and am unsure on the best way to landscape/level my yard. Our pool is not too far from our house and we have had water issues in the past. It is really important that we run water away from our house, but we don't want to slope the run-off toward the pool either. I am building a deck and wanted to resolve this ASAP. Do you think it is better to add soil or redistribute? Thanks for your advice.
Excuse the yard, we just put our pool up 2 weeks ago:DIMG_2261.jpgIMG_2263.jpg

You are going to have to do some kind of a swale to move your water . You don't look like you are in bad shape ...but need to control your water from high to low points . Start at the house and use a level and stakes . Ideally away from the house you want a 6 ' drop for the first 10 feet . Your swale or French drain is going to have to come into play so you can also have a pitched area away from your pool ....so likely they will meet in a V .

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.