Pristine blue help

Usually they get the FC and the pH correct, but I'd rarely trust them on CYA. I've had mine jump 40 ppm from one day to the next and none had been added, nor any major water addition in weeks. It's almost like they throw a dart or just guess. That was one of the reasons I ended up here. Wanted to get away from granular chlorine and the 25 to 50 dollar bottle of "try this" when I'd have a problem.

Being you are in Florida I suspect you'd like a CYA of 40 and I like to keep my pools pH on the low side at around 7.2-7.4 You are in the acceptable range (7.2-7.8) just at the top of it.
Until your kit arrives there is no hurry in adding any stabilizer or acid. Do you have any stabilizer (CYA) or muratic acid (pH Down) on hand ??

If you know your pools volume can you please add that to your signature. I'm guessing you're around 13K gallons ?? If you're going to be using regular bleach from Walmart or ... it's usually around 6% and 1/2 gallon should be good. If you get liquid pool shock at walmart, big box store, pool store, ... it might be 10 to 12% and then you'd want to use less. Just make sure you stay away from anything scented or labeled splashless. They have stuff that will cause problems with your water like foaming.

Because bleach comes in different sizes and in different strengths this handy calculator will help you find the price per oz of bleach. It's a way to accurately figure out if a 6% 96oz bottle for X dollars is a better or worse deal than the 12% 128oz jug for Y dollars. Chlorine Price Per Ounce Calculator

It's an accurate way to compare an apple to an orange ;)

Usually they get the FC and the pH correct, but I'd rarely trust them on CYA. I've had mine jump 40 ppm from one day to the next and none had been added, nor any major water addition in weeks. It's almost like they throw a dart or just guess. That was one of the reasons I ended up here. Wanted to get away from granular chlorine and the 25 to 50 dollar bottle of "try this" when I'd have a problem.

Being you are in Florida I suspect you'd like a CYA of 40 and I like to keep my pools pH on the low side at around 7.2-7.4 You are in the acceptable range (7.2-7.8) just at the top of it.
Until your kit arrives there is no hurry in adding any stabilizer or acid. Do you have any stabilizer (CYA) or muratic acid (pH Down) on hand ??

If you know your pools volume can you please add that to your signature. I'm guessing you're around 13K gallons ?? If you're going to be using regular bleach from Walmart or ... it's usually around 6% and 1/2 gallon should be good. If you get liquid pool shock at walmart, big box store, pool store, ... it might be 10 to 12% and then you'd want to use less. Just make sure you stay away from anything scented or labeled splashless. They have stuff that will cause problems with your water like foaming.

Because bleach comes in different sizes and in different strengths this handy calculator will help you find the price per oz of bleach. It's a way to accurately figure out if a 6% 96oz bottle for X dollars is a better or worse deal than the 12% 128oz jug for Y dollars. Chlorine Price Per Ounce Calculator

It's an accurate way to compare an apple to an orange ;)

I have muriatic acid on hand as well as bleach that we picked up the other day. Going to vacuum out the pool and hope to add some bleach. Should I add the avid too? How much bleach?
10573 gallons

Yeah they said it was better for the kids. Glad I found his forum! wish I found you all sooner though!
what is the different between chelation and sequestrant? Can I empty half the pool and refill? Would that rid of the coppers faster?

Hi Mommyjnny,

You do not have to drain the pool 1/2 way. That may affect your your liner. Just drain down to below the skimmer and refill and repeat a few times over the course of a month or two. The metals (copper) will be gone over time. Maybe do longer backwashes also. They have a test for copper, not sure if it's expensive as I've never needed it, but maybe someone here can answer that. Let everyone swim, the pool is fine, you just may get some staining with blond hair as your original product stated. STOP with the Pristine Blue right now and just start following the TFP method. IT works! And I'm new! Keep on swimmin' and don't worry too much about anything except your chlorine levels and maybe your CYA levels as determined by the PoolMath calculator.
Enjoy the rest of the summer!

Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.