New build - Buffalo NY

If you have a few days or weeks of inactivity after the shell was shot that is ok also. Allows it to really cure and settle prior to having the deck poured. I agree with you though the shell is there in no time and then you have to wait and wait and wait.

Our shell was built last November, finish applied this April and water a few days later. The landscaping rocks were just laid last week, we still have a leak from the front of our spa and we still don't have our jump rock installed. Some stories are good, some are nightmares.....

Our shell was built last November, finish applied this April and water a few days later. The landscaping rocks were just laid last week, we still have a leak from the front of our spa and we still don't have our jump rock installed. Some stories are good, some are nightmares.....

My goodness....I thought I'd be way more patient but once the process started I turned into a monster.

Good news is tile guy showed up at 8am and even had the right tile. Running home at lunch to answer any questions and see how it's going.

Good news. Stay on them. I wish I had found this forum before I started the process. A lot of thing would have been done differently. The good news for us is that there is well maintained water in the pool and the wife and kids are using it. :splash:

Looks good! What size are those tiles? 2x2?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Yes 2x2, 1x1 of the same pattern will be covering the deep end swimout, bench, edge of the sunshelf and marking the edge of the steps. They should be done tomorrow. They got the waterline and waterfall wall all completed today, I found one small void in the grout but that's it, they did a great job.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thanks for the link Kim, that explains it.

Meeting with concrete sub today. I think he took advantage of my neighbor pretty good when he had his pool done(same PB) so I prepared with a scale drawing and cost of all the decking options so I know exactly what I want an how much it should cost. PB has a locked in per sq ft price so I used that for the cost estimates.

Have you had any other bids? I would try for at least 3 if you have not already.

:kim:

No but I'm familiar with other concrete subs in the area, these guys are pretty good and they do a lot of pools, I'd rather have them doing this job than anyone else.

Any advantage to installing an SWG system this year? I'm looking at water in ~2 weeks, then 30 days no SWG puts me in October which is essentially the end of the swim season here in upstate NY.

It is not really about the gunite curing. It is about caring for the plaster during it's critical time. New plaster pushes the PH up high as it cures as well as the need to brush the plaster.

If at all possible leave it open and running as long as you can before the snow and ice so you can care for the plaster.

It is not really about the gunite curing. It is about caring for the plaster during it's critical time. New plaster pushes the PH up high as it cures as well as the need to brush the plaster.

If at all possible leave it open and running as long as you can before the snow and ice so you can care for the plaster.

Yes I'll be keeping it open until Halloween at least and later if possible.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.