Got my kit...first readings

That could be the issue with the CH level...... something builders, pool stores and "pros" conveniently forget to tell you... I have vinyl so Im not up to speed with plaster builds yet... There are alot of posts on plaster issues... Do a little looking around for those...

1250 seems like a ton of drops tho.. Error in math? Thats like 312 drops.. maybe do that one again

Did you actually use 125 drops with a 25ml sample for CH?

and yes... Go to the store ASAP and get some MA. That pH is NOT good for your pool and equipment.

We can help you with PoolMath if you give us all the numbers you are putting in and then your results. We will double-check you!

Ok...getting closer. PH is getting a bit closer. I just added the remaining 8 ounces (should have done it to begin with) of MA, falling the pool math instructions. In another 30 mins, I will retest the PH. If the PH is in line, I will complete the full battery of tests again.

Man...I am tired! I have been at this all day. Its been one week since the pool builder last tested and balanced the chemicals. I am REALLY starting to think the guy they sent over isn't very good. We had other issues with him cleaning the plaster dust several times along the build. Something tells me that despite the water clarity, he hasn't really been doing anything. I have a hard time believing that in a week our Chlorine was completely gone and that the PH was this far out of control...if it was right to begin with.

I have to get this squared away quickly...my daughter is having a birthday party this Saturday and there will be a high bather load as it is.

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Cl? Chlorine?
Ph MUCH better
Cya a concern...
Ch.................wow...
High cya will use more chlorine
But...
To manage the ch you will prolly have to drain and fill at some point but that'll help the cya too...

Test your fill water so you know a baseline when you refill

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

Your CYA is fine with a SWG. Your calcium is high, but might be manageable - other people on here seem to be able to handle it. It is very important that you keep your ph withn range - definitely below 7.8, or the calcium can cause scale. Try not to let that go high again.

With CYA at 75, you always want your FC to be 4 or higher, preferably about 6. You're going to have to play with your SWG a bit. Which model is it (IC40, IC 60)?

ETA: your new CYA says 90. Have you been using pucks or powder? If you have, you should not do it again. I keep my CYA at 80, which works fine. With CYA of 90, your FC should be a minimum of 4.5, but aim for 7. You might want to drain and refill about 10-15% of your water, which will bring CYA down to a more easily manageable level.

It is an IC40. I just moved the pool output up to 40%. Maybe that will help manage the chlorine? Should I go higher?

That should be plenty big enough for your pool. I'd try 60% and run it during daylight hours and see how that goes for a day. Watch your ph, though. With your TA, it will creep up on you pretty quickly.

Do you have any water features that will aerate the pool? That will help you raise ph without raising TA - then when you add MA, you will bring down the TA and help to slow that ph rise.

The pool currently runs from 7am to 8pm. I will crank it to 60 for a few days. We do have 3 waterfalls, so I will run those too. I ran them today to help circulate the chemicals. Do you think I should run them all the time that the pool is running?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Enjoying this content?

Support TFP with a donation.

Give Support
Thread Status
Hello , This thread has been inactive for over 60 days. New postings here are unlikely to be seen or responded to by other members. For better visibility, consider Starting A New Thread.